Union to scupper privatisation
- Union will fight privatization. Bains, Elizabeth; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/16/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 15, p16
This article reports on the lawsuit filed by Petrol-Is, the oil, chemical and rubber workers union in Turkey, to try to block the planned privatization of petrochemical company Petkim. Petrol-Is contends that the privatization was not in the country's interest. It says that the company is the...
- Bidding begins for Petkim. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p9
The article reports on the pre-qualifying bids submitted by Indian Oil Corp. and Turkey's Calik group for a stake in Petkim. The Turkish Privatisation Administration invited bids for 51% of Petkim's shares in March 2007. The deadline for applications was on May 14, 2007 and the bidding closes on...
- Petkim privatization moves closer. // Chemical Week;4/9/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 14, p7
Reports that privatization of all part of Turkish petrochemicals company Petkim is moving closer following the government approval of the sale of state assets in other sectors.
- Eight make it to final Petkim round. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/2/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p18
The article reports that the Turkish Privatisation Authority has received eight final bids from companies and consortia interested in acquiring a controlling stake in petrochemical major Petkim. The bidders include the Carmel-Limak consortium, TransCentralAsia Petrochemical Holding, Zorlu...
- Petkim to be Privatized This Year. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p15
Details the plan of the Turkish government to privatize petrochemical company Petkim in 2001. Chemical plants to be sold; Sales posted by Petkim in 2000.
- Petkim privatisation is in jeopardy. // European Chemical News;8/18/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2065, p9
Reports the cancellation of the majority sale of Turkey's petrochemical group Petkim in August 2003. Reason for the cancellation; Implication of the cancellation; Bidders for Petkim.
- Petkim sale gets five bids. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2047, p7
Reports the bids received by Turkish state-owned petrochemical firm Petkim in April 2003. List of Turkish companies that bid for Petkim; Plans of the government for the bidding; Lack of foreign interest in the privatization of the company.
- Petkim privatisation makes strides as state advertises. // European Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2037, p8
Reports on the privatization of the petrochemical company Petkim in Turkey. Value of the company; Decline in the company sales; Net profit of the company.
- Turks extend Petkim deadline. // European Chemical News;11/24/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2078, p9
Reports the decision of the Turkish government to extend the tender deadline for the privatization of chemical company Petkim to January 30, 2004. Stockholders in Petkim; Overview of the privatization process.