Novartis sells off Gerber
- Nestle to buy Gerber for Novartis. // Food Processing (00156523);May2007, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p15
The article reports that Zurich, Switzerland-based food company Nestle SA is planning to purchase Gerber Products Co. from Novartis AG for $5.5 billion. Gerber is the leading U.S. maker of baby food that expects $1.95 billion sales in 2007. Nestle is planning to expand Gerber operations...
- No Time for Pregnant Pause As Gerber Delivers Drama. Reyes, Sonia // Brandweek;4/16/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p13
The article discusses baby food maker Gerber's re-marketing campaign and television advertisements. The article explains that Gerber is shifting its marketing focus away from babies and on to moms. Television advertisements will feature the slogan "Anything for baby," which is a departure from...
- TALK OF NESTL INTEREST LIFTS L'ORAL SHARES. Groves, Ellen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/7/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 74, p4
The article reports on the increase in shares of NestlÃ© after market speculation that the company could buy out L'Oreal. The speculation intensified after announcement that NestlÃ© will sell a 24.85 percent stake in its Alcon eye care business to health care company Novartis. According to a...
- Alcon's Irvine Operations Embrace Swiss Handover. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;8/11/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the ownership change undergone by eye device and drug maker Alcon Inc. in Irvine, California. Drug maker Novartis AG took a 25% stake in Alcon from majority owner NestlÃ© SA and is expected to buy NestlÃ©'s remaining 52% stake for about $28 billion by 2011. Kenneth...
- Gerber Shuns Transgenic Foods. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;8/11/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 30, p41
Reports on Novartis subsidiary Gerber Products' move to eliminate suppliers of transgenic ingredients used in baby foods. Reasons for the move; Statement from Novartis.
- Novartis Completes $28.3 B Purchase From Nestle of Majority Interest in Alcon. // Vision Monday;9/6/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p008
The article reports that Switzerland-based Novartis AG has acquired Nestle SA's shares in Alcon Inc., a global leader in ophthalmology which is led by its chief executive officer (CEO) and president Kevin Buehler.
- FRANCE: Nestle "mulling Davigel disposal". Askew, Katy // Aroq - Just-Food.com (Global News);2/4/2014, p1
The article reports that Nestle SA is planning to sale of its French foodservice unit Davigel.
- Deals roundup. // Medical Device Daily;7/9/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 131, p9
The article offers news briefs concerning medical device company deals. NestlÃ© and Novartis reported the completion of their first-step purchase and sale of 74 million shares of Alcon eye care company, with NestlÃ© remaining as Alcon's majority shareholder with about 52% of its issued...
- Novartis to close deal for full ownership of Alcon. // Chain Drug Review;4/5/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p31
The article reports that Novartis AG will gain full ownership of Alcon Inc. in New York City after completing the agreement with NestlÃ© SA to acquire a 77% majority stake of Alcon and entering into an all-share direct merger for the remaining 23%.