5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Rise in Raw Material Costs May Pinch Specialty Earnings. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p25
The article reports that higher raw material prices are expected to affect margins in the specialty chemical sector in the second quarter of 2010. A number of specialty chemical firms, such as Clariant and Hexion Specialty Chemicals, has revealed that they are experiencing pressure from cost of...
- News Watch. // European Chemical News;6/6/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2150, p7
Presents news briefs concerning the chemical industry in Europe as of June 2005. Formation of Hexion Specialty Chemicals by Apollo Management; Increase in the sales of RAG; Rise of chemical prices in the European Union.
- Hexion Specialty Chemicals to raise prices for Cardura, ACE, VeoVa and Versatic Acid Products. // Chemical Business;Jan2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p87
The article reports on the decision of Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. to increase the prices of its Cardura glycidyl ester, Ace hydroxyl acrylate monomer, Veova monomer and Versatic acids globally effective January 1, 2008. The prices of the following products will increase by Euro150/metric...
- Hexion Specialty Chemicals To Raise Prices. // Paintindia;Mar2010, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p150
The article reports on the price increases for powder polyester resins to be implemented by Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), effective April 1, 2010.
- Hexion Specialty Chemicals to raise prices for Cardura, ACE, VeoVa and Versatic Acid Products. // Paintindia;Dec2007, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p155
The article reports on the decision of Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. to increase the prices of its products globally effective January 1, 2008. The products include the Cardura glycidyl ester, ACE hydroxyl acrylate monomer, VeoVa monomers and Versatic acids. The prices of the products will...
- specialties. // Chemical Week;8/16/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 27, p24
The article presents updates on the chemical industry. Akzo Nobel and Feixiang Chemicals will be forming a 50/50 surfactants business joint venture. Hexion Specialty Chemicals has sold engineering thermoplastics business Taroplast to Italy's Giuseppe Squeri and Co. Chemtura will increase selling...
- Apollo on the Hook for Huntsman Buy. K. H. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/6/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p3
The article reports that Hexion Specialty Chemicals was ordered to finalize its $10.6 billion purchase of Texas chemicals company Huntsman in 2008. Said order was announced by Delaware court judge Stephen Lamb following the financing overture spurned by Hexion from several hedge funds. An...
- SPECIALTIES. // Chemical Week;5/10/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 11, p29
This section offers news briefs related to specialty chemicals including the completion of the dispersion manufacturing unit of Hexion Specialty Chemicals, launching of the plastic products from Quantum Polymers and the acquisition of McLaughlin Gormley King by Vertellus Specialties.
- Dow, Hexion Raise Prices to Recoup Raw Material Costs. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;3/22/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 10, p40
The article reports on the plan of chemical firms Dow Chemical and Hexion Specialty to increase the price of epoxy resin outside the U.S. on April 1, 2006. The increase aims to offset rising costs for raw materials including bisphenol A and epichlorohydrin.