5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH
- Sherwin-Williams Enters Indian Paint Market. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;4/11/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 13, p17
The article reports on the acquisition of privately held Nitco Paints, a manufacturer and distributor of specialty paints and coatings primarily in western India, by Sherwin-Williams. According to Sherwin-Williams chief executive officer (CEO) Christopher M. Connor, the acquisition would expand...
- Sherwin-Williams Buys Nitco Paints to Enter India. // Products Finishing;May2007, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the proposed acquisition of Mumbai, India-based company Nitco Paints by a U.S. paint retailer Sherwin-Williams Co. through an undisclosed term of purchase. Nitco Paints, which has a sales of $18 million, manufactures exterior specialty paints and coatings for the...
- Sherwin-Williams Paints opens 4 stores. // Paintindia;Jan2009, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p144
The article reports on the opening of four new stores of U.S.-based Sherwin-Williams Paints in Bengaluru, India. All stores are company-owned in addition to the 3,300 outlets in the U.S., Canada and India. The stores will offer interior and exterior paints, painting accessories and tools and...
- MNC entrants in India. // Paintindia;Jan2009, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p146
The article reports on the plan of U.S.-based paint company Sherwin-Williams Co. Ltd to expand its operations in India by distributing ancillary products through retail stores. The firm acquired Nitco Paints based in Mumbai in 2007. Other overseas companies competing for a share of the Indian...
- Upstream alchemists. // European Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2125, Special Section p2
Focuses on the performance of fine chemical firms as of November 2004. Increase in sales of fine chemicals in Asia; Efforts of European companies in investing in fine chemical markets; Information on SAFC Specialties launched by U.S.-based Sigma-Aldrich; Focus of SAFC.
- Sigma-Aldrich Builds Its Position In the Life Sciences Arena. Van Arnum, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;06/19/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 25, p15
Unveils the strategy of Sigma-Aldrich Corp. in achieving annual internal growth by 2001. Two critical moves made by David Harvey in a month of becoming head of Sigma-Aldrich; Company's investments in the life sciences unit; Sigma-Aldrich's manufacturing facility in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin.
- CHEMICAL COMPOUNDS DATABASE. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;Sep2005, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p11A
Reviews the Chemicals Available for Purchase software, a database of chemical compounds and chemical suppliers combined with search technologies developed by Sigma-Aldrich.
- ANALYTICAL STANDARDS CATALOG. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;May/Jun2005, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p6A
Features the catalog of analytical standards released by Sigma-Aldrich Corp. in the U.S. Features of the catalog; Usability; Availability.
- Financial Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/29/99, Vol. 255 Issue 13, p18
Presents information on issues surrounding the chemical industry in the United States as of March 1999. Repurchasing of shares by International Specialty Products Inc.; Market performance of Sigma-Aldrich Corp.