Louisiana OKs $1B of GO Zones
- $2.2B deal to expand Ashland refinery. Esker, Fritz // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/6/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p7
The article reports on the proposed expansion of Houston, Texas-based Marathon Oil Corp.'s Ashland refinery in Garyville, Louisiana. Marathon expects to spend $2.2. billion for the expansion project. A need to increase capacity is driving the proposed expansion. The expansion project is expected...
- PUMPED UP. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;6/12/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 17, p56
The article discusses issues related to the lack of oil refineries in the U.S. Information about the refinery owned by Marathon Oil in Garyville, Louisiana, is presented. The reason behind the decline of U.S. refineries are discussed. The details of how refiners are buying each other up that...
- VIRGINIA: Henrico Hedges on GO Sale. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;10/2/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32973, p9
The article reports on the plan of Henrico County, Virginia to sell $95.8 million of general obligation public improvement bonds to the bond market in a competitive deal. However, the plan could change because of ongoing market instability, according to finance director John Vithoulkas. The...
- Munis finish sideways but stable, awaiting supply, economic data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30837, p2
Reports on the bond market developments in the United States on February 25, 2000. Volatility of government market prices; Investors' response to California's general obligation bonds; Market outlook for the week starting February 28.
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32197, p27
Presents a chart depicting the performance of bonds of several states in the bond market in the U.S.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p30
Presents a chart depicting the performance of bonds of various states in the bond market in the U.S.
- Washington Readies Nearly $500 Million of Mostly Tax-Exempt GO Debt. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p44
Reports on the plan of Washington state to issue general obligation bonds to the bond market. Use of the proceeds to finance higher education capital costs; Affirmation of agencies of the ratings assigned to the bonds; Detection of the economic recovery of the state which contributes to a higher...
- Louisiana Community, Technical colleges Seek $200M OK. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32776, p6
No abstract available.
- Gulf Coast Facilities Expand Using Maine Trades' Skills. Angelo, William J.; Russell, Pam Radtke // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/26/2007, Vol. 259 Issue 19, p68
The article focuses on the use of modular construction technique at construction sites which will expand oil refineries of Motiva Enterprises LLC in Port Arthur, Texas in and Marathon in Garyville, Louisiana. Modular construction also is allowing Maine to export its underemployed...