Asthma Treatment in a Population-Based Cohort: Putting Step-Up and Step-Down Treatment Changes in Context
- Prescribe beta-2 agonist instead of extra steroids. Baines, Emma // GP: General Practitioner;1/12/2004, p11
Patients who do not respond to a 200mu g dose of fluticasone will benefit more from long-acting beta-2 agonists than from higher doses of inhaled corticosteroids, according to a meta-analysis. Researchers from New Zealand looked at data on fluticasone from seven trials involving 2,431...
- Immunotherapy and Asthma. Fitzgerald, J. Mark // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/6/89, Vol. 262 Issue 13, p1772
Presents a letter to the editor in the October 6, 1989 issue of the 'Journal of the American Medical Association,' noting the appropriate dose and mode of administration of corticosteroids in acute asthma.
- Doubling the dose of budesonide versus maintainance treatment in asthma exacerbations. Filzgerald, J. M.; Becker, A.; Sears, M. R.; Mink, S.; Chung, K.; Lee, J. // Thorax;Jul2004, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p550
Background: Previous guidelines recommend doubling the daily dose of maintenance inhaled corticosteroid to treat or prevent progression of exacerbations of asthma. Methods: Over a 6 month period a cohort of patients were evaluated prospectively and randomised in a double blind controlled trial...
- Clinical Significance of Asthma Clusters by Longitudinal Analysis in Korean Asthma Cohort. Park, So Young; Baek, Seunghee; Kim, Sujeong; Yoon, Sun-young; Kwon, Hyouk-Soo; Chang, Yoon-Seok; Cho, You Sook; Jang, An-Soo; Park, Jung Won; Nahm, Dong-Ho; Yoon, Ho-Joo; Cho, Sang-Heon; Cho, Young-Joo; Choi, ByoungWhui; Moon, Hee-Bom; Kim, Tae-Bum // PLoS ONE;Dec2013, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p1
Background: We have previously identified four distinct groups of asthma patients in Korean cohorts using cluster analysis: (A) smoking asthma, (B) severe obstructive asthma, (C) early-onset atopic asthma, and (D) late-onset mild asthma. Methods and Results: A longitudinal analysis of each...
- Impact of maternal use of asthma-controller therapy on perinatal outcomes. Cossette, Benoit; Forget, Amélie; Beauchesne, Marie-France; Rey, Évelyne; Lemière, Catherine; Larivée, Pierre; Battista, Marie-Claude; Blais, Lucie // Thorax;Aug2013, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p724
Background: Asthma during pregnancy usually requires treatment with controller medications about which more safety information is needed. The objectives are to assess the impact of the use of long-acting Î²2-agonists (LABAs) and the dose of inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs) during pregnancy on...
- Soothing patient and parent qualms about inhaled corticosteroids. Salva, Paul S. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Sept2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p18
Relates the use of a dose-comparison chart between inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) and other antiasthmatic drugs in persuading parents and patients to use ICS. Reaction of parents and patients to the use of ICS medication; Drugs compared with ICS; Benefits of using the dose-chart comparison.
- ADRENOCORTICOIDS (Oral Inhalation). // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2012, p14
The article presents information on oral inhalation adrenocorticoids, including its dosage, usage, adverse reactions, side effects, precautions when administering, and possible interaction with other drugs.
- ADRENOCORTICOIDS (Oral Inhalation). GRIFFITH, H. WINTER // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2010, p14
The article presents information on adrenocorticoids (oral inhalation), a drug developed to treat and prevent symptoms in chronic bronchial asthma, including its dosage, usage, adverse reactions, side effects, precautions when administering, and possible interaction with other drugs.
- ADRENOCORTICOIDS (Oral Inhalation). // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2007, p14
The article presents information on adrenocorticoids (oral inhalation), a drug used for treatment for prevention of symptoms in patients with chronic bronchial asthma. The dosage and usage information is provided. The possible adverse reactions or side effects of the drug, warnings, and...