A Practical Approach to Tax Governance
- Female CFOs Avoid Risky Tax Strategies. Cohn, Michael // Accountingtoday.com;12/30/2014, p1
Companies where women are CFOs are less likely to adopt risky tax strategies than companies managed by male CFOs, according to a new academic study.
- Master Limited Partnerships: Tax and Investment Issues. Jones, Lynn Comer; Johnson, Johnny; Anderson, Seth C. // CPA Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p48
The article explores the Master Limited Partnerships (MLP) or publicly traded partnerships. Topics including the origins of MLP, tax considerations for MLP and advantages of closed-end funds (CEF) are discussed. According to the article, MLPs are exposed to tax issues including the decreased...
- Corporate Reputations Take a Hit from Tax Strategy Exposure. Cohn, Michael // Accountingtoday.com;2/10/2015, p7
The article discusses the results of a survey by tax advisory firm Taxand under chairman Frederic Donnedieu indicating that chief finance officers of multinational corporations are wary of publicizing their tax-planning strategies. It also notes that the Amazon, Apple and Google firms are being...
- DOUBLE TAXATION. // Accountancy;Jun70, Vol. 81 Issue 922, p458
The article reports on amendments that are necessary to update the leaflet "Withdrawal of Relief for Overseas Underlying Tax" in Great Britain. The leaflet contains revisions to double taxation agreements between Britain and different countries. Details that should be inserted in the appendix...
- Top 10 tips on tax planning. // British Baker;3/11/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p19
The article offers tips on how to reduce corporate and personal tax burden.
- COMPANY TAX RATES IRELAND. // Accountancy;Sep70, Vol. 81 Issue 925, p667
The article presents taxation-related news items in Ireland, as of September 1970. These include Limit of deductible premiums for retirement annuities; Taxation of subcontractors; Tax treatment of receipts accruing after discontinuance of trade or profession, Installment Saving schemes; and...
- Lawmakers need to rein-in effect tax has on Americans. Francis, David R. // Inside Tucson Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p23
The author reflects on the necessity of the U.S. government to fix the implementation of alternative minimum tax (AMT). He notices that the House and the Senate are divided on how to fix the AMT. He stated that Democratic leaders consider the alteration of AMT permanently in a way that leaves 97...
- Reducing immediate taxes leaves the funds in your "jeans". Bissonette, Laurie // Northern Ontario Business;Mar2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p5
The article offers the author's insights regarding the importance of controlling and reducing corporate and personal income taxes.
- FORM: S Corporation Tax Election. // Corporate Records Handbook;Jul2013, pF21
A form showing a promissory note regarding S corporate tax status is presented which appears in the book "Corporate Records Handbook." The required information includes the name of sate corporate tax agency, name of the state, taxation year and the delegation of the task of preparing and filing...