Ask the Experts
- Toronto Chapter. Nusdorfer, Linda // Dynamics;Spring2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p6
The article presents information about the Manitoba Chapter (MB) of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (CACCN). The president of CACCN reports that it has been five years that she has been part of the executive of the Toronto Chapter of CACCN. It has been an enriching and rewarding...
- From the AACN President. Barden, Connie // RN;Nov2002, Vol. 65 Issue 11, pac4
The article reports on the call of the author as president of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) on the need to solve the challenges facing critical care in the U.S. AACN's leadership team should make their voice be heard because it speaks for the members of the professional...
- Visit with AACN. // RN;Nov2002, Vol. 65 Issue 11, pac12
The article presents a calendar of congresses for nurses in the U.S. from November 14,2002-April 27, 2003. The National Student Nurses Association conference will be on November 14-17. The conference of the Society of Critical Care Medicine will be on January 30-February 3. The National Student...
- ESPNIC: nursing without borders. Way, Colin // Paediatric Nursing;Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, pII
Features the nursing group of the European Society of Paediatric & Neonatal Intensive Care. Goal of the group; Benefits of membership; Information on the conference organized by the group every second year.
- Notice of redundant publications. Brochard, Laurent // Intensive Care Medicine;Oct2004, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p1859
Presents a list of redundant publications for the journal "Intensive Care Medicine."
- Dynamics 2006. Hynes, Patricia // Dynamics;Winter2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
The article highlights the Dynamics 2006, the national conference of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses that was held in Newfoundland and Labrador. The conference theme was "Families, Treasures, Generations: Riding the Waves of Critical Care." The three-day conference has provided...
- Available Awards. // Dynamics;Summer2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p32
Provides information about the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses' Chapter of the Year Award Program. Criteria for the award program; Conditions for the award program; Categories of the award program.
- TRAINING NEEDED IN BOMB INJURIES. // Nursing Standard;7/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p6
Reports on the creation of a group by various critical care nurses associations to identify their training needs in dealing with terrorist attacks in Great Britain. Benefits of the group for nurses; Need of nurses for more training.
- EDITORIAL. Fulbrook, Paul // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p107
The author reflects on the need for members of nursing association's members to use the term "intensive care." The author states that critical care is an umbrella term which is applied to depict a complete range of critical specialties, such as coronary care and emergency. The author says that...