Caring for Lung Cancer Patients Receiving Photodynamic Therapy
- Using Light to Heal. // Futurist;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p7
Reports on photodynamic therapy (PDT), a treatment for cancers and other diseases. Mechanism of action in PDT; Company that has developed a combination of photosensitive chemicals and light sources that ensure the safety of PDT.
- Editorial. Rawat, Diwan S. // Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry;2008, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p240
The article discusses various papers published within the issue, including one about the advancement in the two-photon absorption (SPA) photodynamic therapy (PDT) and another which compares the first and second-generation PDT agents.
- The Unknown Impacts of Combinations of Large Numbers of Drugs. Kostoff, Ronald N.; Delafuente, Jeffrey C. // Drug Safety;2006, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p183
The prevalence of neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is expected to increase significantly during the next 20 years. New treatment alternatives to laser photocoagulation are on the horizon Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the first of these, photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin, was...
- A preliminary benefit-risk assessment of verteporfin in age-related macular degeneration. Wickens, Jason; Blinder, Kevin J. // Drug Safety;2006, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p189
The prevalence of neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is expected to increase significantly during the next 20 years. New treatment alternatives to laser photocoagulation are on the horizon - the first of these, photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin, was approved by the US...
- Prospective evaluation of voice outcome during the first two years in male patients treated by radiotherapy or laser surgery for T1a glottic carcinoma. Gogh, Christine; Verdonck-de Leeuw, Irma; Wedler-Peeters, Jeanne; Langendijk, Johannes; Mahieu, Hans // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Jun2012, Vol. 269 Issue 6, p1647
In this prospective cohort study, we assessed voice outcome in patients before and up to 2 years after treatment for early glottic cancer either by radiotherapy or by laser surgery; 106 male patients, treated for T1aN0M0 glottic cancer either by endoscopic laser surgery ( n = 67) or by...
- Fotodermatozlarda Foto(kemo)terapi. Hapa, Aslı; Karaduman, Ayşen // Archives of the Turkish Dermatology & Venerology / Turkderm;2010 Supplement, Vol. 44, p115
Nowadays, photo(chemo)therapy procedures mainly ultraviolet-B and PUVA have been used in the treatment of various photodermatoses. The most commonly used fotodermatoses can be classified as polymorphic light eruption, solar urticaria, chronic actinic dermatitis, hydroa vacciniforme and actinic...
- New non-invasive light treatment helps rid facial and truncal telangiectasias. // Modern Medicine;Mar97, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on a study by William Vasileff touting the safety and effectiveness of a new, noninvasive in-office light treatment called PhotoDerm for a variety of skin lesions including telangiectasias of the face and legs, and age and sun spots. Side effects; Predictions on insurance coverage for...
- Consider This Add-on Advice When Your Doctor Uses Photodynamic Therapy. // Part B Insider;Apr2012, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p118
The article offers guidelines on the medical coding of photodynamic therapy (PDT) in the treatment of cancer in the U.S. The importance of coding 96374 and J9600 for the infusion of Photofrin is emphasized. The add-on codes for laser activation are highlighted which include +96570 and +96571....
- Lasers to the Rescue. Guttman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p76
Reports on the growth of the applications of laser and light-based therapy for cutaneous laser surgery. Design of the first practical fiberoptic delivery systems for carbon dioxide lasers; Most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedure in the U.S.; Progress of photodynamic therapy.