Lifers and Troupers: Urban Physical Education Teachers Who Stay
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.
- A descriptive profile of teacher preparation practices in physical education teacher education. Strand, Bradford N. // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p104
Examines some of the common practices that colleges and universities are using in the preparation of physical education teacher education majors. Profile demographics; Coaching preparation; Skill/activity course requirements; Peer teaching; Pre-student teaching; Student teacher supervision.
- Finding more teaching opportunities for physical education teacher education. Poole, Jon R. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p53
Describes the involvement of undergraduate sports pedagogy majors enrolled in a teaching practicum course and instructors teaching in the Basic Instructional Program (BIP). Peer teaching support; Development of teaching cases; Classroom or action research; Qualitative data collection.
- Thinking beyond the square: The challenge to physical educators in new times. Kirk, David // Quest (00336297);May97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p182
Opinion. Examines five topics for research pertinent to forming a base of information for program reform in physical education teacher education. Information on Juan-Miguel Fernndez-Balboa's theories on the reform of physical education teacher education; Details on the physical activity field...
- An investigation of the rhythmic awareness of physical education teaching majors. Kovar, Susan K.; Mehrhof, Joella H. // Physical Educator;Late Winter95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p40
Examines the self-perception of physical education (PE) majors in a teacher preparation program on their ability to move in time to music and their self-consciousness when moving to music. Subjects' tendency to perform well with popular music; Inability of those who were on-beat to identify...
- Using technology in preservice teacher supervision. Sharpe, Tom; Byra, Mark // Physical Educator;Late Winter 97, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the technologies used in preservice teaching practices for physical education teachers. Components of the teacher education process; Importance of daily teaching practices; Effects of teaching in student practices; Difficulties of teacher supervision; Instruments for...
- Relationship between Organizational Justice and Job Satisfaction as Perceived by Jordanian Physical Education Teachers. Altahayneh, Ziad Lutfi; Khasawneh, Aman; Abedalhafiz, Abedalbasit // Asian Social Science;Feb2014, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p131
This study aimed at exploring the relationship between organizational justice and job satisfaction as perceived by Jordanian physical education teachers. Participants consisted of 166 physical education teachers selected from public schools in Jordan. Organizational Justice Scale and Job in...
- The Role of Mentoring in Physical Education Teacher Education: A Theoretical and Practical Perspective. Kell, Shannon; Forsberg, Nick // Physical & Health Education Journal;Summer2014, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p6
Mentoring is an essential part of the growth and development of teachers, especially in the beginning years of the profession. This article explores what mentoring is and the benefits of implementing a mentorship program in a Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE) program at the University...