Biography Shines in March; Fiction Maintains Grip
- PREPUB ALERT. Rawlinson, Nora // Library Journal;5/15/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p60
Introduces a prepublication alert list of books as of May 15, 1989. Books relating to U.S. President Ronald Reagan; Advance payments from publishers; Publication of a second work of fiction by Patti Davis, the Reagans' daughter,.
- The LIFE and (changing) TIMES of a BOOKSELLER. Bachmann, Richard // Quill & Quire;Apr2010, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the bookselling career of the author and the challenges facing the bookselling profession in Canada. It highlights developments observed by the author while he was still in the bookselling industry including the improvement of booksellers' ability to source book titles,...
- WHY WE GO TO BEA. Shaw, Heather // ForeWord;May/Jun2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
The author focuses on the role of BookExpo America (BEA) to allow publishers pitch and display their forthcoming titles to bookstore buyers and librarians in the U.S. She relates that she was once asked to host a panel at BEA to provide selected editors and publishers with a forum for them to...
- UMBA Tightens Its Show. Zeller, Brad // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the annual Upper Midwest Booksellers Association trade show which was held in Saint Paul, Minnesota from September 27 to 29, 2002. Number of booksellers, publishers and authors who attended the trade show; Books that caught the interest of attendees.
- Kidlit Boom? Oppel, Kenneth // Quill & Quire;Feb96, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p39
Questions whether there is really a growth in the children's publishing community of Canada. Maclean's cover story on the growth; Decrease in sales of the books according to publishers; Cut in the 1996 titles list by publishers Annick and Rick Wilkes; Maintenance of the 1996 list by publisher...
- It takes two... Hanlan, Frank // Quill & Quire;Apr2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p14
In this article the author comments on a report previously published in the journal Quill & Quire. The author remarks tha presumably, the web site PExOD is being developed to enable publishers to communicate new title information electronically to all booksellers. The author noted, however, that...
- Still Prowling. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p40
Provides information on the success of the College Prowler publishing company. Coverage of the College Prowler book title selections; Retail prices of the college guides; Strategy of the publication on authorship.
- New Titles on Lists Grow in April. // Book Publishing Report;May2009, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the increase of publishing book titles in the U.S. in April 2009. It notes that the International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs) represented 39.7% of the 491 total ISBNs on three lists. It reveals that top 10 titles in the lists show increase in turnover of newer titles. It...
- Self-Distribution for a Self-Help House. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 34, p13
Reports on the termination of the partnership agreement between New Harbinger Publications and Publisher's Group West on book distribution efforts. Advantage of self-distribution of books to New Harbinger; Target customers of New Harbinger for its bestselling books; List of bestselling book titles.