Category Review: Sports Book Market Stable but Segmented
- Industry Sales Flat in '06. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of the publishing industry in the U.S. in 2006. According to the preliminary estimates of the Association of American Publishers, total industry sales declined by 0.3 percent. While, trade sales increased by 2.9 percent despite small declines in...
- Net College Sales Jump 23.5%, Pushing YTD Sales To $438 Million. // Educational Marketer;8/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on the increase in the net sales of college publishers in June 2004, according to the Association of American Publishers. Projection of a net sales growth of the industry for the year.
- 'Snicket' Boosts HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the sales of books from HarperCollins in the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Sales of the book "The Grim Grotto"; Sales of books for adults; Total sales at HarperCollins worldwide during the period.
- AAP: Paperback And Audio Titles Soared in December. // Book Publishing Report;2/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
The article presents information from the Association of American Publishers' (AAP) sales report for the month of December 2005. The adult and children's paperback categories, as well as audio titles, recorded the biggest increase in gross sales during the month. Meanwhile, the adult hardcover...
- Korea: The Right Place for Rights Trade? Sonne-Nijhoff, Joost // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p61
This article discusses the decline of the Korean book market. The slowing growth of the Korean book market has to be seen in the light of the excellent years in 1990s. The total number of copies of new book titles in 2003 decreased by 5.1 percent and the number of new titles by 2.2 percent,...
- A Good Year After All? // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the optimism of booksellers about fall and Christmas sales in the U.S. in 2003. Reason for the optimism; List of top 20 hardcover books for the week ended October 4, 2003.
- International Unit Leads Reader's Digest. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the sales increase in Reader's Digest's (RD) international group for the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Reason for the sales increase in the international group; Weak categories of RD; Decrease in the sales in RD North America.
- It Could Have Been Worse. Milliot, Jim; Howell, Kevin; Kirch, Claire; Nawotka, Ed; Rosen, Judith; Werris, Wendy // Publishers Weekly;1/5/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p4
The article offers a look at the performance of independent booksellers in the U.S. during the 2008 holiday season. According to the author, bad weather in much of the northern U.S. combined with the recession made it a difficult holiday season for many independent booksellers. Few booksellers...
- PRICE BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;8/1/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 30, p9
Presents the prices of several books published from 1995 to 2005.