Identifying Control Perimeters
- United Building Security: Urban Challenges, Diverse Solutions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2004, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the employment by Martin Cramer, vice president of the Downtown Dallas Security Directors Association, of a security video system for the facility of Dallas, Texas-based United Building Security. Description of the facility; Availability of the video system on a local area network;...
- Time-sensitive Upgrade to IP Video. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2006, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p52
The article discusses the upgrade on the security video system of Sho Ka Wah Casino in California. Terri Seigler implemented an advance Internet Protocol based digital surveillance system using intelligent and networking by Intelligent Edge Switches. The said installation comprised of 300...
- ON THE MARKET. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p52
Features several electronic security systems in the United States. Details of SWM Series Spectra Compact Wall Mount from Pelco; Functionality of Alligro LTC 4300 Series phoneline video transmission system from Philips Communication & Security Systems; Description of SWC40 surveillance system...
- CCTV traps McVeigh: Multi-media surveillance advances, succeeds. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on advances in multi-media surveillance technology. Use of closed-circuit television in security applications; Computer-based surveillance technology; Use of Object Linking and Embedding; Security software; Products by different manufacturers.
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p67
A quiz concerning control panel and monitoring technology of security systems is presented.
- Super Bowl Spurs Face Recognition Technology. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the use of facial recognition technology for surveillance, crime detection and counter-terrorism operations in the United States. Software technology and video surveillance systems used during the Super Bowl event; Companies offering the facial recognition technology; Concern over...
- Flexible And Functional. Gagvani, Nikhil // Government Security;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the merits of intelligent video or video analytics, a computer system which analyzes security video from multiple cameras. Research has found that human operators cannot effectively monitor multiple video over long durations, and a video analytic system would aid security...
- The Forgotten and Oft-Neglected Door Closer. Johnson, Joel // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p46
The author discusses the significance of using door closer. He explains the myriad of uses and functions of the door closer in electronic card access applications and in providing physical security, user convenience and compliance. Moreover, the author emphasizes the benefits of the door closer...
- Locking down the shop. Madikiza, Lucky // Finance Week;Dec2003/Jan2004 Supplement, p36
Discusses the benefits of IP-surveillance and security systems for technology companies in South Africa.. Simplicity and usability of the surveillance system; Prevention of theft of IT equipments; Emergence of intelligent infrastructures that anticipate trends of convergence of security and IP.