Will Work for Dog Food
- Audio Verifies Alarm Activations During Storm. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Discusses the prevalence of alarm systems' audio capabilities in determining the validity of the alarms of customers during heavy storms according to Sonitrol dealers, Sonitrol of Miami and Sonitrol of Orlando Inc. Instances that test the effectiveness of the audio capabilities of the alarm systems.
- What's Wrong with This? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
The article focuses on the faulty installation of a wireless security system for a residential account consisting of 14 door/window transmitters, four motion transmitters, five smoke detector transmitters and five carbon monoxide detectors. The installation is shown in a diagram. The problem...
- INTEGRATION: THE END-USERS' PERSPECTIVE. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p66
The article focuses on the integration of the security systems of end users by limiting the products they use to one set system that they replicate whenever possible. Security systems should be standardized. Manufacturers should develop open architecture and plug-and-lay systems that would give...
- Study Asks Industry About New Entrants. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p24
The article focuses on an IMS Research study entitled "The World Market for Intruder Alarms" which reveals that the U.S. intruder alarm market is embracing the abundance of new competitors entering the business.
- SUCCESS STORIES IN VIDEO MOTION DETECTION. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p44
Presents several stories on how the internal motion detection can have an impact on a client's surveillance capabilities as testified by three systems integrator. Functionalism of the internal motion detection system; Names of the integrator companies that testified for the serviceability of the...
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT IN: ACCESS KEYPADS. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p57
Focuses on the importance of keypad designs of security systems. Functionalism of keypads in several industries' buildings and facilities; Evolution of the keypad from mechanical to electronic device; Reasons behind the popularity of keypads. INSET: Elements Important to End-users.
- Security without Wires. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
The article reports on the availability of wireless security devices that suits almost every application and budget, from small residential to large approved burglary and even fire systems. These wireless security devices offer the same benefits as the wired security devices.
- INDUSTRY Calendar. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2005, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p57
This article presents information on several forthcoming events related to the security systems industry. Northeast Security and Systems Contractors Expo is being organized on June 9, 2005 in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Building Owners and Managers Association Congress will be held in on June...
- Diebold Adds Security to Its Out-sourcing Solutions. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p38
The article reports on the addition of the security-related solutions and consulting to the outsourcing solution program of Diebold Inc. in Orlando, Florida. The author states that the initiative aims to provide optimal security to customer's facilities and data. In addition, the outsourcing...