Riding the Rails with IP Technology
- Pan/tilt/zoom camera. // Government Security;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p33
The article evaluates Sony's SNC-RX550N Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera which is used to detect and capture motion, store audio messages and stabilize images and provide voice alerts.
- Philly's Transit to Try Out a Bomb Tester. Waugaman, Chelsea // Governing;Nov2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p80
Reports on the adoption of the SIEGMA 3E3 transit explosive detection system by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority in 2005. Significance of the system to public safety; Capabilities of the system; Cost of the technology.
- Image retrieval: Will smart cards have impact? Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p63
Reports on the popularity of video verification or bringing together imaging identification and closed-circuit television (CCTV) among property managers and corporate security departments. Video audit trail and the need for cost-effective protection at remote company sites as reasons for the...
- A General Method for Sensor Planning in Multi-Sensor Systems: Extension to Random Occlusion. Mittal, Anurag; Davis, Larry // International Journal of Computer Vision;Jan2008, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p31
Systems utilizing multiple sensors are required in many domains. In this paper, we specifically concern ourselves with applications where dynamic objects appear randomly and the system is employed to obtain some user-specified characteristics of such objects. For such systems, we deal with the...
- Webcam Home Security System. SHARMA, HIMANSHU // Electronics For You;Aug2013, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p126
The article provides a webcam interface program for home security application, which may be used as a motion detector in commercial setups. A Visual C# is used in writing the software that also enables user to do high-end task, such as enable camera and do the image processing over Visual...
- Intelligent Sensor for Image Control Point of Eigenfaces for Face Recognition. Toure, Mohamed Lamine; Beiji, Zou // Journal of Computer Science;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p484
Problem statement: The sensor for image control point in Face Recognition (FR) is one of the most active research areas in computer vision and pattern recognition. Its practical application includes forensic identification, access control and human computer interface. The task of a FR system is...
- VEHICLE DETECTION AND TRACKING TECHNIQUES: A CONCISE REVIEW. Ahmed Hadi, Raad; Sulong, Ghazali; Edwar George, Loay // Signal & Image Processing: An International Journal;Feb2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
Vehicle detection and tracking applications play an important role for civilian and military applications such as in highway traffic surveillance control, management and urban traffic planning. Vehicle detection process on road are used for vehicle tracking, counts, average speed of each...
- Gait Analysis Methods: An Overview of Wearable and Non-Wearable Systems, Highlighting Clinical Applications. Muro-de-la-Herran, Alvaro; Garcia-Zapirain, Begonya; Mendez-Zorrilla, Amaia // Sensors (14248220);Feb2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p3362
This article presents a review of the methods used in recognition and analysis of the human gait from three different approaches: image processing, floor sensors and sensors placed on the body. Progress in new technologies has led the development of a series of devices and techniques which allow...
- Bomb sight. Firth, Niall // Engineer (00137758);10/17/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7686, p8
No abstract available.