TITLE

DO YOU THINK IT'S GOOD NEWS FOR NEW YORK CITY IF WAL-MART ABANDONS EFFORTS TO OPEN A STORE HERE?

PUB. DATE
April 2007
SOURCE
Crain's New York Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p13
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article presents information about the online opinion poll conducted by the periodical "Crain's New York Business" to know public mood about a retail store from Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Responding to the question whether it will be a good news if the company does not open its store in New York City, 55% answered in positive. The other 45% of the respondents answered in negative and said that the company's store will help consumers by offering lower prices.
ACCESSION #
24825578

 

Related Articles

  • Wal-Mart Restricts Engine Idling, Pays EPA Fine.  // Traffic World;11/14/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 46, p57 

    Reports on the implementation of an anti-idling program at 4,000 facilities nationwide by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to settle an enforcement action by Environmental Protection Agency's New England regional office. Training of drivers to post signs at its facilities; Notification of delivery companies...

  • Wal-Mart Ups the Ante in the Dollar Store Game. Longo, Don // Retail Merchandiser;Sep2002, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p4 

    Focuses on the growth of dollar retail stores in the U.S. Information on Wal-Mart's Hey Bucks dollar store format; Annual growth of the dollar store sector; Composite same store sales posted by Dollar stores in 2001 and 2002; Reasons for the growth of dollar stores.

  • Getting Hitched. Lau, Venessa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/20/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 129, Special Section p34 

    Provides information on a store opened by Wal-Mart in Middlefield, Ohio that caters to the Amish community in the county. Gardening tools offered at the store; Customer base of the retail shop; Reaction to the opening of the store in Middlefield.

  • TAKING MOVIE, MUSIC RETAIL BRAWN ONLINE. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;2/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p37 

    Focuses on the operations at U.S.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s entertainment division. Financial performance of the entertainment section of the stores; Details on the services of the company; Pricing strategies.

  • Wal-Mart quiet on expansion of Neighborhood Market. TROY, MIKE // Discount Store News;2/8/99, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3 

    Reports on Wal-Mart's experimental Neighborhood Market food and drug combo store in Bentonville, Arkansas. Speculation about the Neighborhood Market; Comparison to Wal-Mart's supercenter format; Explanations from Mike Maher, a Wal-Mart spokesman.

  • Would it kill Wal-Mart to buy American?  // Motion System Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Oct2003, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p6 

    Shares perspective on the reaction of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. during the height of SARS epidemic. Implication of SARS epidemic for the Wal-Mart operations; Strategy of Wal-Mart in importing Chinese products; Details of ordering taken by Wal-Mart.

  • Walmart offers 'compare and save' digital effort. C. A. // SN: Supermarket News;6/9/2014, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p24 

    The article reports that U.S. retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is happy with the preliminary results of its new Savings Catcher advertisement match program. Savings Catcher can be used on in-store purchases of most groceries, paper goods, household cleaning products, and health and beauty care...

  • Big Rollout for Urban 99. Bowers, Katherine // DNR: Daily News Record;7/12/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p4 

    Predicts the market growth of Urban 99, the small-store format of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the U.S., according to a report by Merrill Lynch analyst Daniel Barry in 2004. Impact of Wal-Mart stores on smaller retail stores; Criticisms against Wal-Mart; Background on Urban 99.

  • Wal-Mart plans for more stores outside Tucson metro area.  // Inside Tucson Business;3/7/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p21 

    Reports on developments about the retail company Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Arizona as of March 7, 2005. Role of Wal-Mart Supercenter on the closure of the Veterans' Market in Nogales; Benson City Council's zoning approval to allow the construction of a Wal-Mart store; Opening of Wal-Mart...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics