Firms Active On Passive Devices
- PCS products. // Telephony;11/17/97 Supplement, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p30
Features several products for personal communications service (PCS) applications. Includes automated mobile receiver and transmitter testing software; Silicon barrier dioxide double-balanced mixer; Non-penetrating roof-mount for antennas.
- CTIA show news. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p50
Features various telecommunication products introduced at a Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association show. Includes OmniPoint Technologies Inc.'s Global System for Mobile communications radio module; Linx Communications' personal communications manager; Empower Graphics Inc.'s wireless...
- Making the call: New product preview. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;8/02/96, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p17
Features new telecommunication equipment. Cellular radio and personal communication service systems from Nokia; Personal paging unit from Motorola.
- Sprint, Samsung announce PCS handset. // RCR;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p15
Introduces the SCH-1500 personal communications services handset from Sprint PCS and Samsung Telecommunications America In.
- SMARTEN UP. G.M.P. // Entrepreneur;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p42
Introduces the Treo 600 smart telephone from PalmOne. Retail price; Contact information.
- Top end call processing. // Management Services;Oct99, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p49
This article focuses on the Apcentia platform, useful for complex communications call processing systems in large corporates, introduced by telecommunication equipment company C3 computer technology. Apcentia handles complex interactive communications problems by combining voice processing,...
- Can You Hear Me Now? Smith, Mail // Tech & Learning;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p42
The article introduces the wireless sound-field amplification systems for classroom use in the U.S. The systems are based on the Federal Communications Commissions-approved frequency modulation and ultra high frequency bands which are commonly used for radio and television, respectively. The...
- Chips set and MMICs ease short-haul RF-link design. Schweber, Bill // EDN;02/15/96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p46
Presents information on personal communication systems (PCSs). Details on how short-haul RF links operate; Information on the introduction of monolithic microwave ICs (MMICs); Detailed information on the frequency band range. INSETS: Didn't super-regens go out with dinosaurs?.;Table...
- Ready to jibe. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p3
Discusses keys to competition in the personal communications service (PCS) business in the United States. Identification of potential competitors; Competitive edge of Nextel; Threat posed by Nextel and Geotek to PCS companies.