- business BRIEFS. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p42
Presents updates on the wireless communication businesses in the United States for the week of April 10, 2000. Includes strategic partnership agreement signed by Metrocall Inc. with WirelessMD Inc.; Development of a software product by the software division of Aether Systems Inc.; Addition of...
- ARDIS sale completed. // Fleet Owner;Jun98, Vol. 93 Issue 6, Truck.com pTC15
Gives details on the completion of the acquisition of the ARDIS company by American Mobile Satellite Corporation (AMSC). Amount of money which was paid for ARDIS; Number of subscribers the merged land and satellite service of ARDIS has; Reference to the amount of money American Mobile's annual...
- AMSC launches eLink. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the launch of the eLink wireless electronic service of American Mobile Satellite Corp. (AMSC) in October 1999. Two-way wireless extension of desktop Internet e-mail to handheld devices and personal information management functions; Distribution strategy for the service; Integration...
- AMSC offers rebate to Iridium customers. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p16
Reports that the American Mobile Satellite Corp. will offer a rebate promotion on its Skycell services to former customers of Iridium LLC.
- AMSC to buy ARDIS. // Fleet Owner;Feb98, Vol. 93 Issue 2, pTC6
Reports that the American Mobile Satellite Corporation plans to purchase Motorola Incorporated's land-based ARDIS wireless messaging business. Indepth look at the terms of the deal; When the deal is expected to be finalized; Details on the benefits that ARDIS's radio-frequency packet-data...
- AMSC equips ACS' ATM technicians. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p22
Reports on American Mobile Satellite Corp.'s agreement with ACS Communications Inc. to provide wireless data communication service for automatic teller field services technicians.
- AMSC aims to link personal wireless functions to PDAs. Bruno, Antony // RCR;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p10
Focuses on American Mobile Satellite Corp.'s launch of a service called eLink, a two-way wireless messaging application with integrated personal information manager functions. Features of the service; Advantages of using the wireless system; Commercial availability of the service in June 1999.
- CNF Reinvents High-Tech. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;12/7/98, Vol. 256 Issue 10, p40
Reports the adoption of wireless data transmission by CNF Transportation in the United States. Agreement with American Mobile Satellite Corp. for exclusive wireless services; Requirements for wireless technology; Provision of satellite and terrestrial communication solution.
- Metrocall offers messaging management tool. // RCR;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p19
Announces the commercial availability of the proprietary Integrated Resource Management System of Metrocall Inc. Benefits for corporate users; Product features.