Donations Barely Scratch Surface
- Watson, come quick. // Curriculum Review;Feb96, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p11
Looks at the communication difficulties in schools phone services. Information on phone services in schools; Views from Patty Burness of George Lucas Educational Foundation.
- The Briefs. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/04/2003, Issue 323108, p4
Reports business developments in California as of July 4, 2003. Receipt of Fresno Area Residents for Rail Consolidation of grant donation from non-profit organization Valley Clean Air Now; List of elected members to lead California Raisin Marketing Board for 2003 to 2005; Closure of AT&T...
- DakotaCom.net extends DSL service area. // Inside Tucson Business;05/28/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 10
Reports developments in the Internet industry of Arizona as of May 2001. Extension of digital subscriber line by DakotaCom.net; Proposal for an online philanthropic marketplace by Arizona Community Foundation; Feature on AT&T Wireless executive briefing at Westin La Paloma Resort.
- The Westcoast School for Human Development Foundation. // Sarasota Magazine;2003-2004 Charity Register, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p64
Features the Westcoast School for Human Development Foundation in Sarasota, Florida. Nature of the school; Plan to double its enrollment capacity; Contact information.
- Detroit, Boston get Annenberg grants. Gamble, Cheryl // Education Week;11/6/96, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p7
Announces Annenberg Foundation's grants distributed to public schools in Detroit, Michigan and Boston, Massachusetts, aimed to finance effort to reform the cities' schools. Schools of the 21st Century Corp. as the firm tasked to administer the grant in Detroit; How the grant will be used in...
- Utah Schools Receive Over $22,000 in Washington Mutual WaMoola. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/20/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the amount of funds received by the schools from the Washington Mutual WaMoola for Schools program in Salt Lake City, Utah. Criteria on the selection of qualified schools for the program; Number of qualified schools in the city.
- Baldwin School shows solidarity. // Caribbean Business;10/18/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p51
Reports the support for the victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks by the Baldwin School in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Formation of a human bow in the campus by the faculty, students, parents, and administrative staff; Amount generated for the United Way by the school.
- Malakoff Elementary receives donation of books. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);3/7/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p1A
The article reports on the donation of 20 books to the Malakoff Elementary School library in memory of Ashtyn Hughes, a former student who passed away due to juvenile diabetes in Texas.
- Atlanta school meets firsts financial hurdle. O'Neill, Patrick // National Catholic Reporter;6/1/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the donation for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School in Atlanta, Georgia. Estimation of the fundraising goal; Financial support of the parishioners to the school.