Wringing Cash From Unused Wireless Phones
- No Wires Attached. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/17/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p28
Reports the usability of wireless service called Wireless Rebidding for eBay.
- EBay bidding wireless will buy profits. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p17
Reports on the deployment of the patent-pending, two-way short message service technology of InPhonic Inc. in tandem with eBay for the service called Wireless Rebidding for eBay subscribers. Monthly fee for the service; Similar service offered by Nextel Communications Inc.; Inbound rebidding...
- SkyTel, eBay join for trading service. // RCR;05/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p45
Announces the decision of SkyTel Communications Inc. to collaborate with online trading company eBay to create a wireless person-to-person online trading service that will extend auction updates and bids to wireless services.
- eBay From the Palms: Online Auctions Lose Their Wires and Take to the Air. Maroney, Tyler // Fortune;7/10/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p259
Reports on the effect that the move to wireless Internet access will have on Online auctions. Future of Internet access which is moving to wireless personal digital assistants or phones; Reason why online auctions will do well in the wireless future, including its requirement of very little...
- Not-yet-released handsets fetch pretty penny on Ebay. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p3
Reports on online Internet auctions for phones and devices that have not been commercially released as of December 2004. Information on several mobile phones offered by Ebay; Disadvantage of the Ebay channel; Impact of online phone auctions on the overall phone market in the U.S.
- Startup Finds IT on eBay. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;12/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p26
The article focuses on a service being offered by UnWired Buyer that allows the user to receive updates on eBay auctions via their mobile phones. It is said that the company has delivered more than 300,000 calls to eBay shoppers in the U.S. and has interacted with 1 million eBay auctions....
- New phone recycling programs give consumers options. Beckman, Kristen // RCR Wireless News;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the announcement of wireless recycling programs at the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association's Wireless 2005 trade show in New Orleans, Louisiana in March. Benefits offered by the Wireless Industry Recycling program of GRC Wireless Recycling; Coverage of the Cell Phone...
- David Gold: $23 million. // BRW;9/27/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p126
The article profiles David Gold, founder of an eBay company Simply Sold. It is stated that Gold sold his wireless internet operation Azure Wireless, his home automation and internet cabling start-ups homeXchange and Cableman and invested some of his sale proceeds in other technology such as...
- Is That a Train Wreck Up Ahead? Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;9/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p4
This article comments on the bids for the 22 MHz by the wireless industry in the U.S. in 2007. According to the author, although the spectrum will be sold as 12 different regional licenses, the Federal Communications Commission will allow companies to bid on it as a nationwide block. He observes...