USTA Courts Wireless Industry
- USTA Plans to Slash Staff 20%. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p14
Reports the layoff of personnel of the United States Telecom Association (USTA). Adoption of the restructuring plan of the USTA; Buyout offers to trade group workers; Availability of a separation package for affected personnel.
- POT TO KETTLE. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;2/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 7, p23
Deals with the criticism of U.S. Telecom Association (USTA) pro-RBOC president Walter McCormick on cable companies. Reason for his criticism; Information on the issue of advertising campaign which concern the USTA.
- USTA won't lobby wireless issues as it broadens focus. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p8
Reports on the United States Telecom Association's (USTA) decision not to lobby on behalf of wireless carriers despite its attempts to broaden its focus and include wireless carriers in its membership. Association's decision to change its name; Remarks of USTA president Roy Neel regarding the...
- FCC Critic Neel Heads to Gore Camp. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p10
Reports on United States-based telecommunications group United States Telecom Association president Roy Neel's plan to join the presidential campaign team of U.S. Vice President Al Gore as of July 31, 2000. Neel's leave from the organization; Career background.
- ATA PRESIDENT MOVES TO TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY. // Overdrive;Jul2001, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on departure of Walter McCormick Jr. as president and chief executive officer of the United States-based American Trucking Associations (ATA). Appointment of McCormick as president and chief executive officer of the United States Telecom Association; Appointment of William Canary as...
- TIMING IS EVERYTHING. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;3/11/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 10, p21
Criticizes the lifetime achievement award given by the U.S. Telecom Association to House Representative John Dingell, co-author of the broadband deregulation legislative bill. Issue on the timing of the award; Amount of contributions made by telecommunication and interexchange companies; Advice...
- Supercomm comes to an end, TIA and USTA go separate ways. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Aug2005, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the decision of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) and the United States Telecom Association (USTA) to hold separate conventions and exhibitions. Schedule of Globalcomm of the TIA and TelecomNEXT by USTA; Highlights of the events; Contact information.
- USTA says states should decide who gets ETC funds. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p8
Deals with the opposition of the United States Telecom Association to the policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the qualifications of eligible telecommunications carriers. Criteria which must be met by wireless and wired telephone companies to avail of...
- TIA and USTelecom, together again, announce NXTcomm. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov2006, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p46
The article reports that Telecommunications Industry Associations and United States Telecom Association teams up again after the two splits in 2005 in the U.S. The associations join to create a single, much-needed industry venue that will serve as a gathering for information technology and...