McCaw Throws Lifeline To ICO
- McCaw shells out funds for ICO. Bruno, Antony // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p19
Reports on the commitment of cellular firm Craig McCaw to finance the completion of ICO Global Communications Ltd.'s satellite voice network. Aspects of the debtor-in-possession financing; McCaw's strategy to widen the technological tools and serve a broader group of customers.
- Craig McCaw has taken over. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/15/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 24, p19
Reports that Craig McCaw has taken over as chief executive of Teledisc. His plans to remain as chairman as well.
- Initial Inmarsat MEOS investment completed. // Telecom Asia;Mar95, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p9
Reports on I-CO Global Communications Ltd.'s announcement of the results of the close of its first round of financing for its medium earth orbit satellite initiative. Total amount of funds committed by companies to the project; Estimated total cost of the project; Services to be provided by the...
- ICO reduces, then sells IPO. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p45
Reports that ICO Global Communications Ltd., London, England went public on July 31, 1998, selling 10 million common stock shares at $12 each, after significantly reducing the size and price of its offering. Who lead the initial public offering planned at 20 million shares for $19 to $19 each;...
- ICO Global Crash Before Fall. Conrad, Lee // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/23/99, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the possible business losses of ICO Global Communications Holdings Ltd. due to capital shortage. Comment from Standard & Poor's; Talks with strategic investors; Plans to enter capital markets.
- Untitled. // Satellite Communications;Oct99, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the voluntary petition for reorganization under bankruptcy protection filed by ICO Global Communications. Subsidiaries of ICO Global Communications Ltd.; Status of the trading after the bankruptcy was filed; When ICO was established.
- ICO Global deal goes to Ericsson, Hughes, NEC. // RCR;3/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p36
States that the consortium consisting of L.M. Ericsson, Hughes Network Systems Incorporated and NEC Corporation was awarded a contract by ICO Global Communications. Value of contract; Detailed information on contract.
- ICO Files Voluntary Chapter 11. // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p1
Reports that ICO Global Communications Ltd., a satellite company, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in August 1999. Reason for the filing; Company which also filed for Chapter 11 prior to ICO.
- Samsung to equip U.K. satellite firm. // RCR;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p12
States that Samsung Electronics Company Limited signed a contract with Intermediate Circular Orbit Global Communications of the United Kingdom, to supply two million Global Mobile Personal Communications by Satellite terminals. Terms of the contract; Details on use of the equipment; Plans of...