FCC Sorts Out C-Block Role In Court
- NextWave Victory Positive for Wireless. Appin, Rick // Bank Loan Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on U.S. Supreme Court's decision that the Federal Communications Commission violated the bankruptcy code when it revoked the licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Valuation of NextWave's assets; Amount of NextWave's loan to the commission; Auction of NextWave.
- NextWave Victory Bodes Well for the Wireless Sector. // High Yield Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Relates developments in the lawsuit filed by NextWave Personal Communications Inc. against the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- FCC'S Solution: Go To Re-auction. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p1
Talks about the move of the United States Federal Communications Commission to cancel spectrum licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Action planned by critics of the commission's handling of the NextWave case; Questions about the authority of FCC that remain unresolved for auction...
- Inside The NextWave Mess. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p2
Deals with the effort of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to block NextWave Personal Communications Incorporated's debts and regain control of its spectrum licenses. Bankruptcy case of Nextwave Personal Communications; Implication of the provision of FCC to the...
- NextWave is awarded PCS permits. Wayne, Debra // RCR;1/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) award of its C-block licenses to NextWave Personal Communications Incorporation. NextWave's submission of plan of compliance with federal regulations; Perceptions of award as an advantage to the public; Requirements imposed on NextWave...
- Spectrum License Issue Hanging Fire. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p10
Reports on the status of the spectrum licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. with the United States Federal Communications Commission. Campaign of the White House to reclaim NextWave's spectrum licenses; Opposition of Congressional leaders to the attempt to use spectrum as a tool for...
- NextWave-FCC Battle Heats Up. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p3
No abstract available.
- NextWave won't catch a break. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;03/06/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on cancellation of the licenses of NextWave Personal Communications by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States. Reason for cancellation of licenses; Company appeal to reinstate canceled wireless PC; Company contention on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals...
- FCC granted emergency stay in NextWave case. Mooney, Elizabeth V.; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's receipt of a stay in its appeal against the bankruptcy reorganization of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Previous ruling of a court on the agency's request for a stay; Testimonies of Nextwave's executives on its plans for...