New Execs Named For Merged BA-GTE
- Wireless is obstacle in latest mega-deal. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p1
Reports on a combined carrier merger deal between GTE Corp. and Bell Atlantic Corp., in an effort the create a New York-based multiple service telecommunications giant, becoming the nation's largest cellular carrier. Reference to Charles R. Lee, chief executive of GTE and Ivan G. Seidenberg,...
- Utah tech watch. Politis, David // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/03/98, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p21
Focuses on the merger between telecommunications companies Bell Atlantic and GTE. Value of the deal; Terms of the agreement; Effect of the merger on the market status of both companies.
- Bell Atlantic, GTE join under Verizon badge. Bulik, Bath Snyder; MacArthur, Kate // Advertising Age;4/3/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the merger of GTE Corp. and Bell Atlantic. Creation of the Verizon; Possible review of advertising account following the merger; Companies' plan to create a telecommunication giant; Agencies handling the advertising campaigns of GTE and Bell.
- How long will GM be top dog? Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;08/10/98, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the merger of GTE Corporation and Bell Atlantic Corporation. When this merger is expected to be completed; Reference to the breakup of AT&T in the early 1980s; Comments made by Britt Harris, president of the GTE Investment Management Corp.; Statistics on the assets Bell Atlantic will...
- NEWS BRIEFS, JUNE 19, 2000. // Network World;06/19/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p8
Focuses on developments related to the computer industry in the United States as of June 19, 2000. US Federal Communications Commission's approval of the merger deal between telecommunications firms GTE and Bell Atlantic.
- GTE-Bell Atlantic ready to face opportunities. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p46
Reports on the planned merger of GTE Corp. and Bell Atlantic Corp. Focus of the two companies on the bidding for the 700 MHz spectrum auction; Spin-off of the Internet backbone of GTE.
- And then there were two... // America's Network;07/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p17
Focuses on the approval of the merger plan between Bell Atlantic and GTE by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Number of fixed lines to be managed by the merged companies; Conditions set by the FCC.
- GTE takeover on hold till '00. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;04/26/99, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p13
Reports on the regulatory hurdles facing Bell Atlantic Corp.'s proposed takeover of GTE Corp. Bell Atlantic's lack of license to sell long-distance data or voice services in any East Coast state where the carrier is a local service incumbent; Prospects for Bell Atlantic's entry into New York's...
- Illinois commission approves Bell Atlantic-GTE merger. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p3
Reports that the Illinois Commerce Commission has approved the proposed merger between Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp.