Terion Chases Trucking Industry Business
- off the wire. // Fleet Owner;Jul2000, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p110
Presents updates on communication technology in the trucking industry in the United States. Agreement of DPL Telemetry Technologies to use Aeris.net's MicroBurst technology; Availability of an interface for the Terion wireless communications system for McLeod Software's LoadMaster; Introduction...
- WIRELESS. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2004 Supplement, Vol. 30, p12
Presents wireless communication systems for trucking management. Installation of mobile data solutions from Aether Systems Inc. at Elite Carriers; Release of the Tractor ID from Terion Inc.; Plan of Teletouch Communications Inc. to develop and distribute wireless telemetry-based mobile asset...
- Hands on! Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;May2002, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p72
Provides information on Personal Digital Assistant (PDA), a high-technology tool in the trucking industry. Function and significance of PDA to the industry; Information on various electronic communications systems commonly used in the industry; Discussion on the point of delivery concept.
- off the wire. // Fleet Owner;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p80
Reports developments related to wireless communication in the U.S. as of July 2003. Advantages of the trailer tracking system FleetView from Terion Inc.; Features of IntelliRoute Deluxe mapping and routing software by Mobile Aria; Capability of the handheld Psion Teklogix 7535.
- Wireless Backhaul Drives Network Traffic. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p18
Reveals the factors that could drive the market for wireless backhaul, which refers to transporting voice and data traffic from a cell site to the switch. Forecasted growth of the global market for backhaul by 2006; Factor that has driven the U.S. wireless backhaul market; Companies that have...
- PCIA Report Predicts Mobile Usage. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the result of the PCIA/Yankelovich Global M-User Study which predicts that consumers are likely to purchase in the future when the wireless data services become widely available. Information on how the study was conducted; Some of the surprising findings; Usage pattern and interest...
- Correction. // Wireless Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Presents a correction to the article "Making a Wireless Alternative Possible" that was previously published in the January 15, 2005 issue of the "Wireless Week."
- The platform approach to data applications. Miller, Jeff; Rifredi, Rich // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on strategies on using the platform approach for wireless data communication systems. Development efforts to boost the compatibility of platform approaches to wireless systems; Platform architecture making integration easier by buffering the user interface from lower-level changes. ...
- A Decade of Progress. Civiello, Michael // Wireless Design & Development;Sep2003, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p4
Introduces a series of articles which deal with the wireless communication industry.