Sea Change In Big Easy
- BellSouth, SBC merger--what's it mean for Radiofone? Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/10/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p9
Focuses on the impact of the merger of BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. on the operations of RadioFone Inc. Influence of the consolidation on the digital communication network of RadioFone in New Orleans, Louisiana; Need to boost the company's competitiveness.
- SBC's radiofone buy adds 200,000 users. // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Announces SBC Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Radiofone Inc. which serves more 200,000 wireless customers in Louisiana and Michigan.
- Retracing its steps. BRITT, PHILIP // Telephony;12/01/97, Vol. 233 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the steps taken by SBC Communications Corp. to improve its business presence in the telecommunications industry. Challenges faced by SBC in California; Details of the acquisitions made by SBC; Plans for adoption of SBC's business strategies to Pacific Bells Corp.
- Pink slips instead of pink champagne. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;10/18/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 21, preceding p1
Reports on Ameritech's plan to close down its pension and investment management unit on December 31, 1999. Move as part of the company's reorganization following its acquisition by SBC Communications Inc. of San Antonio, Texas; Details of the merger.
- SBC commits to Ameritech cable division--for now. QUINTON, BRIAN // Telephony;02/08/99, Vol. 236 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the qualified assurance given by SBC Communications company to retain Ameritech's New Media cable service arm in response to the approval of its merger with Ameritech. Range of cable franchises owned by Ameritech New Media; Speculation among merger opponents; Significance of the...
- Sweetheart of a deal. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;10/1/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 14, p40
Comments on the plan of SBC Communications to acquire Prodigy Communications. Value of the acquisition; Impact of a possible purchase on SBC shareholders; Influence of board member Carlos Slim Helu on the acquisition.
- Ameritech's future fuzzy if regulators kill merger. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/28/99, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the regulatory delays to Ameritech Corp.'s merger with SBC Communications Inc. Possible effect on Ameritech if the deal is not approved; Possible options for Ameritech; Speculations from analysts.
- Deal disconnect by phone giants. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p24
Presents information on the merger between AT&T Corporation and SBC Communications Incorporated that ended in the largest non-deal in mergers and acquisition history. Why the merger fell through; Benefits of the two firms had hooked up; Statistical information on the confirmed deal failures for...
- Ameritech calls on Canadians. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/29/99, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p54
Reports on the approval of SBC Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Ameritech Corp.