- Big Boys' Toys. Moniz, Larry // Business News New Jersey;12/12/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p6
Focuses on the manufacturers of model railroads in New Jersey. Background of the industry dating back to the 1930s; Market dominated by the model manufacturer, Atlas.
- Abandonment notices. Dolkos, Paul J. // Model Railroader;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p128
Comments on the sale and dismantling of railroad models. Reasons for selling or abandoning railroad models; Life expectancy of landmark layouts; Problem of preserving layouts in a museum.
- Ask Paint Shop. McGuirk, Marty // Model Railroader;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p134
Presents questions and comments from modelers on painting railroad models. Paint scheme of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe SD9 no. 6112; How to make a brush locker.
- Passenger straw poll results. Sperandeo, Andy; Kelly, Jim // Model Railroader;Apr2000, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p46
Provides the tabulated results of passenger train car straw poll conducted by `Model Railroader' magazine in 2000. Estimated number of respondents that favored both heavyweight and lightweight car types.
- Rolling Lift Bridge is new from Custom Model Railroads in HO. // Model Railroad News;Mar2014, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p60
The article presents information on a single- and double-track rolling lift build kits from Custom Model Railroads.
- Splendor in the grass. Gourley, Rene // Model Railroader;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p72
Presents tips on modeling knee-deep grass in HO scale for miniature railroads. Variety of grass materials from Silflor Products; Planting procedures; Painting the grass.
- Kitbash an N scale Milwaukee Road Erie-built. Lewis, Dan // Model Railroader;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p100
Presents procedures in creating N scale models of Milwaukee Road Erie-built locomotives. Tools used in modeling; Modification of the chassis; Design and construction of the body shell, fuel tanks and roof; Painting the model.
- Experts at work. Koester, Tony // Model Railroader;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p124
Comments on the challenges and rewards offered by prototype railroad modeling. Significance of planning ahead in railroad modeling; Prototype modeling as a science; View on the pace of constructing miniature railroads.
- The Athabasca System. Barry, Clayton // Model Railroader;Oct98, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p70
Details the scale modeling techniques used in building the Athabasca System, a bridge line between the Canadian National and the Canadian Pacific. Information on the book `How to Operate Your Model Railroad,' by Bruce Chubb; Details on the sectional concept; Building special effects. INSETS:...
- New N scale SD60 available with built-in DCC decoder. Wilson, Jeff; McGuirk, Marty // Model Railroader;Jan99, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p20
Evaluates the N scale EMD SD60 train model from the Atlas Model Railroad Co. Description of the train; Features; Background information on the train..