- Big Boys' Toys. Moniz, Larry // Business News New Jersey;12/12/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p6
Focuses on the manufacturers of model railroads in New Jersey. Background of the industry dating back to the 1930s; Market dominated by the model manufacturer, Atlas.
- Abandonment notices. Dolkos, Paul J. // Model Railroader;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p128
Comments on the sale and dismantling of railroad models. Reasons for selling or abandoning railroad models; Life expectancy of landmark layouts; Problem of preserving layouts in a museum.
- Ask Paint Shop. McGuirk, Marty // Model Railroader;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p134
Presents questions and comments from modelers on painting railroad models. Paint scheme of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe SD9 no. 6112; How to make a brush locker.
- The Dakota Northern Railroad. Melhouse, Olaf P. // Model Railroader;Apr2000, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p108
Presents the layout of the fictitious Dakota Northern railroad model built by the author. Features of the model; Background on building the layout.
- Backdrops. McGuirk, Marty // Model Railroader;Apr2000, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p123
Reveals how to construct a backdrop for a layout of a railroad model. Advantages offered by the backdrop; Recommended materials and tools; How to paint a sky.
- My late but not lamented HO Western Pacific. Holt, Tommy // Model Railroader;Aug2000, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p92
Features the reconstruction of a model railroad. Discussion on finding a prototype model; Details on the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola, California.
- Free-lancing. Strang, Lionel // Model Railroader;Aug2000, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p97
Discusses the construction of a railroad model for HO Allegheny & Lackawanna Southern. Difference between prototype and free-lanced railroads; Importance of choosing the colors for the railroad model; Features of the HO Allegheny & Lackawanna Southern model.
- Selective compression. Koester, Tony // Model Railroader;Aug2000, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p109
Presents information on scale modeling of railroads. Discussion on selective compression; Analysis of compression in models.
- Tabletop modules. Sperandeo, Andy // Model Railroader;Nov2000, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p6
Editorial. Discusses a tabletop module presented at the First International Model Railroad Convention in Japan in 2000. Basic structure of the tabletop model; Difference of tabletop modules from that of Ntrak standards; Two tabletop module layouts.
- Workshop. Hediger, Jim // Model Railroader;Nov2000, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p29
Presents several tips for railroad model builders. Method of building grade crossings into Peco sectional track that avoids problems with wheel clearances and electrical contact; Advice on cutting blue Dow Corning Styrofoam insulation board with a hot wire cutter; Information on the addition of...