Exclusive: A Tough Year in Education Thwarted Improvements In Operating Performance
- Pearson's Performance Leads Large Print Publishers in 2006. // Electronic Education Report;3/9/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p4
The article provides information on the 2006 financial performance of Pearson Education Inc., the largest education publisher in the U.S. The company's revenue from its global K-12 and higher education publishing increases by 8% amounting to $5.29 billion in the said year. Moreover, the company...
- PreK-12 Net Sales Slow to Get Going, Down 13.8% Through February. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of PreK-12 publishers in the U.S. as of February 2007. The total PreK basal and supplemental net sales result decreased by 10.1 percent to $79 million compared to the sales result recorded on February 2006. The net sales for the basal textbooks in...
- PreK-12 Sales Inch Up 1% in Q1. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the 1 percent increase in the sales of PreK-12 educational materials in the U.S.
- College Net Sales Down in March, Up 10.8% in Q1. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the performance 10.8 percent increase in the U.S. sales of educational materials in the first quarter of 2008, despite the decline of net sales in March 2008.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;08/21/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p9
Presents news briefs from the educational publishing industry as of August 2000.
- Publishers Find Mixed Results in K-12 Sales in the First Six Months of 2006, Gains in College Market. // Educational Marketer;8/7/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of educational publishers in the U.S. in the first six months of 2006. Among the largest educational publishers to announce first-half financial results, Pearson Education Inc. is the pace-setter. Harold McGraw III, president and CEO of...
- AUDIO AND VIDEO EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURING. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Electronic Components & Computer;2004 2nd Quarter, p104
The article presents statistics indicating the performance history and expected performance of audio and video equipment manufacturing industry of the U.S. as of April 1, 2004. The gross operating profit (GOP) for the first quarter of 2004 is $0.8 billion. GOP for the second quarter of 2004 is...
- College Sales Off to Strong Start With 8.6% Increase in January. // Educational Marketer;3/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the increase in sales of instructional materials in colleges in the U.S. The Association of American Publishers reported a 224.3 million dollars net of sales in January 2006 compared to the January 2005 net sales with returns of 1.9 percent to 40 million dollars. The...
- Curriculum Associates Develops State-Specific Test Preps. // Educational Marketer;7/10/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that Curriculum Associates Inc., educational publishing company, is customizing its test preparation products to state-specific standards in Billerica, Massachusetts. The company is also looking to expand its state-specific test preparations with plans for practice tests for...