Expansion of Coverage on Retaliation Claims
- More fallout from auto-auction rift. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p8
Reports that James Sellers, former senior executive at Indianapolis, Indiana-based ADESA Corp. has filed a lawsuit against parent company Minnesota Power & Light, charging it reneged on an agreement to pay him severance after his termination. Cultural clash between entrepreneurial ADESA and...
- Carefully cull interview lists to make sure you include the most-qualified candidates. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;Aug2013, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses the court case Bala vs. Commonwealth of Virginia which is on the alleging failure of Commonwealth of Virginia to hire in retaliation for earlier protected activity.
- What is retaliation, anyway? Cox, Jill S. // Paper 360;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p36
The article presents a response to a question related to retaliation and personnel management.
- Sexual Harassment and Retaliation. Wendt, Ann C.; Slonaker, William M. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Fall2002, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p49
Discusses the sexual harassment retaliation complaints in the U.S. Overview of sexual harassment; Retaliation claims made by the sexually harassed women; General characteristics of sexual harassment retaliation complaints; Costs of defending against a charge of retaliation; Forms of retaliatory...
- Companies should address retaliation policy before it's needed. Hammerschmidt // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/29/99, Issue 322544, p5
Looks at how companies can avoid retaliation claims, defined as claims that may result from an employer discharging, disciplining or otherwise treating employees less favorably for reporting certain types of activities. Significance of the case Lane v. Hughes Aircraft; Costs associated with...
- Note from the Field. King, Francis P.; Maxwell, Mark // Army Lawyer;Jun2002, Issue 353, p48
Investigates what constitutes an adverse employment action in retaliation cases. Factors to consider to establish a prima facie case for reprisal; Ultimate employment decision standard; Impact of the distinction between federal sector employees and private sector employees on the issue of...
- AVOIDING CHARGES OF RETALIATION, ENHANCING ENERGY EFFICIENCY. // Assisted Housing Management Insider;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
A quiz related to the assisted housing management is presented.
- Break the Retaliation Cycle. Shea, Robin E. // HR Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p89
Provides information on the problems experienced by human resource professionals concerning employee retaliation claims. Cause of unlawful retaliation; Reasons behind the prevalence of retaliation claims in employment litigation; Details of strategies for employers in dealing with retaliation...
- Rhetorics of Law and Ritual: A Semiotic Comparison of the Law of Talion and Sympathetic Magic. Yelle, Robert A. // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Sep2001, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p627
Presents a semiotic comparison of the law of Talion and sympathetic magical rituals. Intimacy of law and religion; Notion on the evolution of analogical punishments; Concept of punishment according to Jeremy Bentham.