Getting Rid of the Paper Chase
- Computerize your art career. Weingrod, Carmi // American Artist;Aug1995, Vol. 59 Issue 637, p12
Offers suggestions on enhancing art career by computerizing paperworks translating to time savings for use in art works. Choice of basic operating system; Software capability.
- Create a Paperless Office. D.J. // Working Mother;Sep2000, p34
Shows how many trees can be saved by creating a paperless office. Electronic office tools than can be used to save on paper; Office tasks to which the paperless idea can be applied.
- Winning the War on Paper? Lombardo, Carly // Accounting Technology;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on corporate efforts to reduce accounting-related paperwork in the United States. Effectiveness of accounting software in eliminating paperwork; Solutions offered by various software vendors; Document management programs adopted by firms. INSET: Storing Paper Costs a Lot..
- Waiting for the paperless office. Gotlieb, Leo R. // CMA Magazine;Nov92, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the concept of paperless office due to the presence of computerized word processing. Why the paper plays a major role in human interaction in the workplace; Products that enhance interaction; How the possibility for elimination of paper is in the area of transactions; Benefits on the...
- The Less Paper Strategy. Tangwall, Doug // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p40
Discusses steps to automated forms management. Identification of documents that would benefit from migration to electronic form; Implementation of a system for ongoing document management; Migration from paper to electronic-based documents; Streamlining of the workflow process.
- Insurers embark on the path to a paperless office. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;12/06/99, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p28K
Discusses efforts by several insurance companies to reduce the amount of paper used in the workplace. Factors that have prevented insurers from converting to a paperless office; Potential of electronic systems to improve the workflow and reduce paper-related costs; Elimination of redundant data...
- How can I turn my agency into a `paperless office'? Connaghan, M. Denis // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;May96, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p84
Presents a question and answer advisory on the type of technologies available that can help reduce an insurance agency's use of paper. E-mail; Groupware; Imaging/scanning; Integrated fax; Internet.
- ACT: Don't Be So Quick To Ax Paper. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/8/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 36, p12
Highlights the report focusing on the implementation of electronic data processing in insurance companies gathered by the Agents Council for Technology (ACT) in the U.S. Benefits of an electronic format; Procedural recommendation of ACT; Citations of the issues that need to be considered before...
- How Do I Get Paperless? // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/8/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 36, p14
Presents a question-and-answer advisory regarding the migration of insurance companies from paper to digital processing. Way in which agents can initiate the move; Importance of following industry data standards of connectivity; Citations of the requirements in moving to fully digital capabilities.