Minimize Liability By Implementing Policies
- Temp workers are a permanent solution for some LI companies. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/11/96, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p21
Reports on Long Island, New York-based companies' use of temporary employees for their staffing needs. Reasons for companies' decision to hire temporary employees; Benefits of employing temporary workers.
- Management-level temps more common in N.Y., N.J. // Westchester County Business Journal;08/10/98, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p14
Provides information on business practices of companies in Westchester County, New York. Preference for temporary personnel for management positions; Preference of area companies to hire temporary executives than potential employees; Compensation of workers as a result of performance; Percent...
- EPL Risks Of Temporary Staff. Maatman Jr., Gerald L. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/08/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 19, p3
Deals with the employment practices liability (EPL) risks posed by temporary staff to employers in the United States. Forecast on contingent workers; Factors that contributed to the rise in the number of temporary employees; Types of EPL risks posed by temporary staff.
- THE LAW OF "LEASED WORKER" AND "TEMPORARY WORKER" UNDER A CGL POLICY. Perlmutter, Steven P. // Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal;Spring/Summer2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3/4, p761
The article discusses the liability of the companies for compensation to injury of leased and temporary workers according to the commercial general liability (CGL). The employers are increasingly utilizing the services of alternative staffing arrangements under which the labor leasing firms...
- Temps have permanent place in staffing budget. // CPA Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p11
Presents findings of a United States survey on budgets for temporary staffs in companies. Percentage of respondents with permanent line items for temporary staffs; Annual allocation for temporary employees as a standard operating procedure of companies; Number of respondents of the study.
- How To Protect Your Company From Benefit Liability. Porter, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p60
Presents ways for companies to avoid benefit liability. Limitation of contact and control over assigned temporary employees; Importance of the proper drafting of customer benefits; Impact of carefully drafted employee agreements and waivers on benefit liability protection; Consultation on the...
- Demand for temps fuels expansion. Morrell, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;03/29/99, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p45
Reports on the expansion of Labor Ready Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Demand for temporary employees; Need for the industrial segment of labor staffing.
- Failure to extend temp contracts will cost Â£500m. // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p10
Reports on the implications of business enterprises' failure to extend the contracts of temporary workers in Great Britain. Reduction in initial investment in contract workers.
- Corporate Detroit resource guide. // Corporate Detroit;Aug94, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p39
Provides a list of companies in Detroit, Mich., that provide temporary employees. Includes Accountants One, Inc.; Accountemps; Acro Service Corp.; Adia Personnel Services; Alternative Resources Corporation; Alternative Staff Inc.; Ameristaff Inc.; Bartech Personnel Services; Corporate Personnel...