Are Time Limits the Answer to Liability?
- Professional Concerns. McMAHON, JON // Pastoral Music;Jan2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p35
The article focuses on the classification of Church workers. It states that if a Church is found to have improperly classified a person as an independent contractor rather than a Church employee, the Church will be held responsible for legal liabilities which include payment of back taxes,...
- You can work with a staffing firm. Sterling, Michael // Las Vegas Business Press;1/19/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
Comments on the use of specialized staffing agencies to finding job. Tips for taking steps to help the company find the right job for you; Factors to be considered in selecting a staffing service; Increase of chances of landing a position tailored to skills and expectations.
- Temporary worker costs set to increase. Merrick, Neil // Public Finance;10/24/2008, p12
The article reports that recruitment agencies will face a major increase in the cost of employing temporary workers because of planned tax changes in Great Britain. It states that the Treasury has planned to remove the tax concession protecting recruitment agencies when they supply staff to...
- Employment Agencies. // Inside Tucson Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p27
A list of the top 12 employment agencies in Tucson, Arizona, based on the number of permanent temp-to-hire placements in 2005, is presented. At the top spot is Adecco Employment. It is followed by J.I.T. Staffing, Remedy Intelligent Staffing, PrideStaff, The Temp Connection, National Staffing...
- EMPLOYMENT SERVICES. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p57
A list of the top employment services in Oregon, ranked according to the number of full-time Oregon staff, is presented. The top company is Express Personnel Services. It is followed by Barrett Business Services and Labor Ready. Data provided include their web sites, addresses, telephone...
- Staffing challenges wax as economy wanes. Mackey, Maureen // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/13/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p18
In this article the author discusses the considerations needed by the staffing businesses in providing advice for the corporate America. She states that these professionals should consider the number of the people who are unemployed. She adds that the staffing professionals should always stay...
- Largest Employment Agencies. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2004-2005 Book of Lists, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p70
Presents a list of the largest employment agencies in Louisiana as of September 2004. Addresses of these firms; Contact information; Number of employees as of the year 2003
- AGENCY HIRING: WHICH SECTORS USE THEM MORE. // Recruiter;Dec2015, p11
Statistics are presented depicting the Forum for In-House Recruitment Managers (FIRM)'s survey on hiring of recruitment agency by businesses operating in sectors such as accountancy, creative or design and utilities, including their spending on agencies, sourcing candidates and recruitment sources.
- Untitled. Savvas, Antony // Computer Weekly;3/3/2009, p64
The article reports on Microsoft Corp.'s plan to reduce its payment to employment agencies for supplying temporary workers, by 10%.