Top 5 Tips on Preventing Illegal Employment Discrimination
- discrimination without intent. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;May2003, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p23
Talks about the issue of discrimination in the workplace. Information on disparate treatment cases; Example of how disparate impact theory operates.
- FORM: Discrimination and Harassment. Guerin, Lisa; DelPo, Amy // Create Your Own Employee Handbook;2013, pF20
A form related to making policy about discrimination and harassment of employees at the workplace is presented.
- Older staffer fired for raising his voice; claims younger workers got more slack. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;8/23/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 199, p4
The article focuses on the concept of workplace discrimination of an older staff who raised his voice against company norms.
- Draft Acas guidelines worry CIPD. // People Management;4/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the draft guidelines on religious belief and sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace, that will accompany regulations from Acas in December 2003, in Great Britain. Concern expressed by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development; Purpose of the guidelines.
- Conservative attire is best plan if company lacks written dress code. O'Donnell, Jeanine; Dauten, Dale // Wentzville Journal;9/26/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 39, pE11
The article presents questions and answers related to working culture in business enterprises including how to dress while going to work, avoiding discrimination at work and career development in education industry.
- Diversity Is Useless Without Inclusivity. Riordan, Christine M. // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;6/5/2014, p2
The article discusses the dynamics that prevent organizations from promoting inclusivity in the workplace, which include the tendency for people to gravitate toward those who are like them, the existence of subtle forms of discrimination, and the tendency for majority employees to feel excluded...
- An offer you can't refuse. Yeomans, Richard; Maude, Jonathan // Employers Law;Apr2003, p16
Comments on several issues in the workplace. Fettered discretion; Sex discrimination; Protecting against claims.
- FORM: Antidiscrimination Policy. // Essential Guide to Workplace Investigations;2012, p2a
A chapter from the book "The Essential Guide to Workplace Investigations" is presented, about a sample of company policy on anti-discrimination.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;10/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p21
Presents updates on three employment legal cases in Great Britain as of October 2000. Maternity rights; Discrimination damages; Redundancy consultation.