Job attitudes and absenteeism: A study in the English speaking Caribbean
- it's your job -- love it, leverage it, lose it or leave it. Nestor, Mary J. // Supervision;May2002, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p7
Discusses common employee attitudes toward work. Strategies for improving work attitudes; Views on the advantages of leveraging a job; Factors to consider when planning to leave a job.
- Manufacturing efficiency where you'd least expect it. Fassl, Joyce // Food Engineering;Dec2005, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p8
This article introduces a survey on job satisfaction published in this issue.
- CHANGE YOUR Perspective CHANGE YOUR Circumstances. Muzio, Edward G. // California Job Journal;4/13/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1130, p1
An excerpt from the article "Four Secrets to Liking Your Work," by Edward G. Muzio.
- Antonovsky's Sense of Coherence scale and job attitudes: Three studies. Str�mpfer, D.J.W.; Mlonzi, Ezra N. // South African Journal of Psychology;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p30
Sense of coherence (SOC; Antonovsky, 1987) is a key concept in a theoretical model of salutogenesis and fortigenesis, which attempts to explain the origins of psychological strength. Since working provides important endpoints of well-being, SOC's relationships to job satisfaction, job...
- What Drives Employee Satisfaction? // Community Banker;Jul2001, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p42
Highlights survey results of United States and Canadian employees about the drivers of employee satisfaction. Trust; Opportunity; Autonomy; Flexibility. INSET: Ahead of the curve..
- Get out of a job rut. // Asian Pacific Post;9/18/2008, p18
This article offers ways to improve job satisfaction.
- ...But We're Glad to Report That Life's Not Half Bad. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/5/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p30
Presents survey results on the job satisfaction of United States workers. Importance of satisfaction over the amount of money made; Age and sex differences.
- Pressures Undercut Job Satisfaction. // USA Today Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 128 Issue 2651, p3
Presents information on a study which surveyed workers in the United States about job satisfaction entitled `Work Trends: America's Attitudes About Work, Employers and Government.' Comments from Carl Van Horn, co-director of the study; Findings of the study.
- Put Passion to Work. Chang, Richard // Executive Excellence;Sep2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the essence of passion at work. Effect of job dissatisfaction on work performance; Challenge of work obstacles; Evaluation of the purpose of passion in work.