A study on motivating employeesï¿½ learning commitment in the post-downsizing era: Job satisfaction perspective
- Jingshen. Hayes, James L. // Management Review;Mar78, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p2
Comments on key issues relevant to employee motivation. Management strategies to encourage employees to become productive; Impact of job satisfaction and monetary concerns on job performance; Policy implications on management.
- Keeping employees happy is essential in today's competition. Caldwell, Alan // Business Press;10/09/98, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p28
Focuses on the importance for businesses of keeping employees satisfied. Overview on the ways employers use to attract and retain quality employees; Factors needed to be evaluated by employers in determining whether their company has a problem or will ever have a problem in employee retention;...
- Should work be fun? // Plant Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p30
Deals with the issue of job satisfaction in the work place. Case of an employee who enjoys his work variation; Case of another employee who is bored with his repetitive kind of work; Advice offered for the issue.
- Satisfying Employees is a Profitable Strategy. Walker, Jim // New Hampshire Business Review;12/04/98, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p17
Cites the benefits for a company of ensuring employee satisfaction. Data showing a decline in worker productivity in the United States in the second quarter of 1998; Indicators that workplace production is in need of improvement; Mechanics of a quality incentive program.
- Motivation Factor. // Food & Drink;Spring/Summer2010, p1
The article focuses on the challenge faced by businesses regarding the increasing number of unmotivated employees. A Conference Board survey in 2010 revealed that only 45% of U.S. workers are satisfied with their work. The author points out that people are the companies' best assets. It is...
- The re-enchantment of work. Dutton, Gail // Management Review;Feb98, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p51
Shares the reasons for the increasing disenchantment among employees. Impact of disenchantment; Importance of `paying attention to attitude surveys;' Attributions to the growing dissatisfaction among workers; Reasons for the growth of entrepreneurial spirit in the United States. INSET: Workbook.
- RESEARCH ON SATISFACTION IN THE WORKPLACE AND MOTIVATION OF EMPLOYEES IN THE TOURIST FACILITIES IN THE MUNCICIPALITY OF OHRID. Georgioska, Maja J.; Rechkoski, Risto B. // Horizons Series A;May2014, Vol. 13, p293
In today's modern operating (businesses) of tourist facilities, the management of human resources includes several areas of interaction between management and employees, from planning, recruiting, providing salaries and awards, to maintaining schemes for promoting the system and even annulling...
- Focus Staff on What Really Matters. // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;4/2/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p2
The article offers tips on how executives help motivate their employees to focus on their work to improve performance level, revenue and growth. First, it is important to streamline the processes to avoid wasting their time in doing unnecessary paperworks. Focusing on sharing solutions is also...
- MOTIVATIONAL SYNERGY: TOWARD NEW CONCEPTUALIZATIONS OF INTRINSIC AND EXTRINSIC MOTIVATION IN THE WORKPLACE. Amabile, Teresa M. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall93, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p185
Presents a model of motivational synergy in human resource management. Interaction between intrinsic otivation and extrinsic motivation; Effect of motivational combinations on employee satisfaction and performance; Influence of personality and work-environment on motivation concerning...