Delaware Ruling Alters M&A Landscape
- OC Less Active on Activist Investors. // Orange County Business Journal;1/13/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p41
The article offers information on the small share of activist investors in the private equity sector of Orange County, California and includes the insights of Triad Investment Management LLC founder John Heldman on activism.
- Comet sold for Â£2. // Logistics Manager;Dec2011, p6
The article reports that private equity investors will acquire British electrical retailer Comet for two million pounds.
- Investors plan to stay despite year of losses. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;11/11/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p23
Focuses on the approach adopted by investors in Europe despite loss in private equity returns for the year ended March 31, 2002. Opinions of industry consultants and pension fund investors on the loss registered in private equity; Rationale behind raise in the private equity allocation by...
- Delaware Chancery Court Gives Close Scrutiny to Private Equity Transactions. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q3, p1
The article reports on the decision of Vice Chancellor Leo E. Strine, Jr. of the Delaware Court of Chancery to grant limited injunctive relief to stockholder plaintiffs, delaying the consummation of mergers between Delaware corporations and private equity firms. Accordingly, the move had caused...
- Private Equity Pros Look to Europe. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/29/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p15
Focuses on the downturn of the private equity in Europe. Need of financial sponsors; Response of the investors on the call of the private equity; Impact of the downturn on the economy.
- Mid- sized apparel makers are back with fund- raising plans. // Colourage;Aug2013, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p107
The article informs that mid-sized apparel makers are trying to woo private equity investors through fund-raising plans, as there has been a slight slowdown in investments in the apparel industry, according to Saloni Nangia, president at retail consultancy Technopak.
- Good neighbours. Macliver, Stephen // Lawyer;6/12/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p37
The article focuses on the interest of private equity investors in Australia in the growth and prosperity of marketplace in New Zealand. It points out that Australian-based private equity funds are buying up New Zealand businesses. The corporate decisions for both markets are being made in...
- Private investors are sitting on sidelines. Millard, David // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p37
Explains how changing dynamics of the financial markets have affected investments in private equity markets in the U.S. Dynamics of the financial market; Classification of venture capitalists; Difference between the investing strategies of venture capitalists and established investment companies.
- Private equity investors find new ways to cash out. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;3/30/2013, p7
The article stresses the need to expand the discussion about the private equity industry in India to include also the topic of exits, or offering for sale a stake for profit, by an investor.