COUNTING BONES: ENVIRONMENTAL CUES THAT DECREASE FOOD INTAKE
- If at first you don't succeed... // Speech & Language Therapy in Practice;Spring2009, p12
The article describes the journey of a 46-year-old client with severe oropharyngeal dysphagia, along with the reflection on the variety of tools and techniques used with the client. It indicates that the combination of Trophic Electrical Stimulation (TES) and oro-motor exercises trialled with...
- Alkaline Indigestion in a Buffalo - A Case Report. Vijayakumar, H.; Gurav, Amol; Ansari, A. A. // Intas Polivet;Jul-Dec2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p175
The article presents a case study of alkaline ingestion in a buffalo. It refers to a condition of a four-year-old cow with a history of inappetance for three days which is diagnosed with alkaline indigestion. The animal was treated with dextrose normal saline and acetic acid, along with...
- WHAT'S NEXT FOR COMPLEMENTARY CARE? Bennett, Jocelyn // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on the need to address the benefits of selected ingestive treatments for pre and post operative care among nurses. How consumers and patients can raise their health status and attain health information; Approaches to health care suggested by the Australian Complementary Health Association.
- Using food frequency questionnaires to estimate fruit and vegetable intake: Association between ... Krebs-Smith, Susan M.; Heimendinger, Jerianne // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p80
Reports how estimates of fruit and vegetable intake, as determined from food frequency questionnaires, may be affected by the number of foods included. Number of questions; Median frequency of intake; Key features of each survey; Measure of central tendency; Pattern of agreement; Inflation of...
- Thunderbird launches Innovation Challenge. // Inside Tucson Business;10/27/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the sponsorship of an Innovation Challenge contest for graduate students by Thunderbird in Glendale, Arizona.
- FE: The adult sector. // Adults Learning;May96, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p212
Reports on the age profile of students funded by Further Education Funding Council for England. Percentage of old and young students; Percentage of full-time students.
- A few thoughts on regulating and controlling the direction... // Chinese Education & Society;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p85
Highlights postgraduate students and their role in the cause of socialist construction. Force in various professions.
- NGTA and IGTA Training and Experience: Comparisons Between Self-Ratings and Undergraduate Student Evaluations. Twale, Darla J.; Shannon, David M.; Moore, Matthew S. // Innovative Higher Education;Fall97, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p61
Undergraduate student ratings and corresponding graduate teaching assistant (GTA) self-ratings of nine teaching effectiveness factors were evaluated to determine the extent to which math and science GTAs who speak English as their native language (NGTA) differ from their international...
- Creating a nourishing learning environment for adults using multiple intelligence theory. Brougher, Janet Z. // Adult Learning;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the use of the concepts of Howard Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences by graduate students. Detailed information on multiple Intelligence Theory (MI Theory); How the author has applied MI theory in her graduate education classes.