A Look at Vending, B&I + Nutrition
- HOW NEW MACHINE INNOVATIONS ARE: Stirring-up beverage sales. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p100
Looks at how vending machine has helped improve beverage sales in the food service industry in the U.S. Benefits of vending machines for foodservice operators; Factors that contributed to the sales of beverages.
- LOOKING UP: TRACKING TRENDS. Schruntek, Waiter J. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p28
Deals with issues on food service in the United States as of July 15, 2001. Indications of the need to increase the use of vending as a feeding option; Internet access of foodservice operators; Budget forecast on senior feeding services.
- Bristol Uni to improve its vending offering. // Vending International;Dec2015, p8
The article reports that a study at University of Bristol, England, found that foods/drinks sold through campus vending machines were high in fat, saturated fat and sugar, and that this finding will be used as basis for an intervention which could positively change the vending milieu in the school.
- Hospitals Ban Sugar-Sweetened Beverages. Ayoub, Katie // FoodService Director;7/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p19
This article reports that several U.S. hospitals have discontinued the sale of sugar-sweetened beverages in their cafeteria and vending machines and eliminated them from their patient menus. Fairview Hospital, a part of the Berkshire Health Systems, is cited as the first healthcare facility to...
- Machine Guide. // Vending International;Dec2013, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p20
The article offers vending machine guides from N&W Global Vending Co., including the floor standing glass fronted can & bottle machine, floor standing hot beverage machine and the floor standing snack & combination machine and features the vending machines specifications.
- CALIF. KIDS GET CHOICE: NYC BANS SODA, SWEETS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
Reports the decision of the New York City Council to remove junk food items from school vending machines. Types of foods and beverages included in the junk food category; Aim of the ruling; Findings of the Information Oestreicher on the success of the city's school district in meeting the rules...
- SCHOOL LUNCHES. Tonn, Jessica L. // Education Week;2/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p15
The article cites a study published in the February issue of the "Journal of the American Dietetic Association" focusing on the nutritional value of meals provided by the schools. The study concludes that school lunches scheduled well before noon, vending machines and parents who deliver food to...
- PACKAGING IS KEY TO HOT FOOD SALES: VENDING HEATS UP. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p100
Reports on the popularity of vended hot food products in the U.S. as of July 15, 2002. Food items used by Automatic Chef Co.; Features of Hot Choice vending machines; Remarks from Dennis Plaster, vending supervisor for Ft. Hood military base in Killeen, Texas on how the hot food vending machine...
- `Out-of-service' time reductions: Break-downs. Lackey, G.E. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p216
Reports on the impact of vending machine breakdowns on food service operations. Vending machines' integration of electronic technology; Downtime reduction in vending machine servicing; Sales effect of broken vending machines.