Dining Together, Apart
- WITHOUT RESERVATIONS: Central Phoenix. Orovan, Bill // Echo Magazine;12/15/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p73
The article features the Red Brick Pizza restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona. The three basic food groups served by the restaurant includes Chopped Salads, Gourmet Pizzas and Fhazani Sandwiches. It also serves Gelatos, Chocolate Hazelnut and Cherry Cheesecake.
- Gannon grabs relief. // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the launch of the InterMetzo foodservice establishment at Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania. The operation allows students, faculty and staff to purchase specialty coffees and teas, pastries, sandwiches and salads in between classes or meetings. It also gives general...
- Campus deli grabs more to-go sales. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Columbia University dining services Uris Deli and Ferris Booth Fresh are expecting to increase their sales at a delivery in the business school, due to the launch of an upscale grab-and-go program. Everyday the restaurants offer six to eight salad choices and 10 to 12...
- Top-movers on campus. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p66
Reports on the popularity of paninis or deli sandwiches in colleges and universities in the U.S. as of August 2002. Options of sandwiches offered at Columbia University in New York City; Basic sandwiches and wraps offered daily at the International Cafe in Pennsylvania College of Technology;...
- Study Examines College Dining Habits. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/27/2012, p3
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the Mintel Organization which investigated dining habits in college campuses. Findings showed that 72% of college students who have dined on a college campus have done so in the cafeteria, whereas 65% who have done so at a cafe,...
- Demo cooking livens salads. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p84
Reports on salad offerings in some colleges and universities in the United States. Information on General's Chicken Salad at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia; Top selling salad at the University of Maine in Orono; Alternative to chicken ingredient.
- Adding more fusion flavors. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p122
Focuses on the increased sophistication of salad menus served in university cafeterias in the United States. Addition of ethnic dressings and ingredients; Combination of salad and protein dishes; Provision of individual unit variations in salad bars; Serving of several salad entrees every week.
- THE BIG PICTURE: MENU. // FoodService Director;12/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p18
The article focuses on The Big Picture research. It discusses the cost of sustainability programs, in which sustainable disposables have much higher cost, lunch participation in non-commercial foodservice, and increase of from-scratch lunch. It also includes the lunch and dinner menus in...
- dish. // Missoula Independent;9/25/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p27
No abstract available.