CSAs: Bringing fresh produce to the workplace
- Pastas Via Roma. // FoodService Director;7/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p42
The article focuses on the inspiration picked up by Parkhurst Dining Services at Saint Vincent College executive chef Rick Lasko in his 2008 trip to Rome, Italy, where he was able to bring some recipes from Italian chefs.
- Parkhurst Launches Healthy Global Cuisine Program. // Food Management;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p14
The article reports that Parkhurst Dining Services in the U.S. has introduced a healthy global cuisine program called Hemisflavors, which features almost 250 fresh global cuisine recipes that are prepared with raw ingredients like fruits and vegetables indigenous to Brazil, Greece, India,...
- Healthy Catering. // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
The article presents the views of Dave Manz, district manager for Parkhurst Dining Service, on how a healthy menu was developed through the partnership of Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Pittsburgh and Parkhurst. Manz described the features of the menu which include juice, tea, water and...
- Parkhurst Allies With Farmers. // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the move of Parkhurst Dining Services Inc. to form an alliance with local farmers in the U.S. through its FarmSource program. With the program, the firm will be working with community supported agriculture (CSA) growers to add local products to its dining services. The...
- Tex-Mex Vinaigrette:. // Southern Living;Mid-Oct2007, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p120
A recipe for Tex-Mex Vinaigrette is presented.
- Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette. Hennessy, Ursula // Southern Living;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p130
A recipe for Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette is presented.
- Creamy Tarragon Dressing. // Southern Living;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p128
A recipe for creamy tarragon dressing is presented.
- Yogurt-Poppy Seed Dressing. // Southern Living;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p136
A recipe for yogurt-poppy seed dressing is presented.
- Keep it special. Stewart, Doug // Garden Retail;Jan/Feb2011, p9
The article lists the must-to-do by the garden retailers to meet the needs of their customers who want something special, aside from a traditional comfort food being offered, such as contemporary twist on food, local and regional recipes are also a trend, and salad dressing.