Does salad grow on trees?
- Wake up your salads with...spicy greens. Cebenko, Jill Jesiolowsk // Organic Gardening (08973792);Nov96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on spicy vegetables for salads. Includes mustard red giant; Mizuna; Mustard spinach; Mibuna.
- Demo cooking livens salads. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p84
Reports on salad offerings in some colleges and universities in the United States. Information on General's Chicken Salad at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia; Top selling salad at the University of Maine in Orono; Alternative to chicken ingredient.
- Adding more fusion flavors. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p122
Focuses on the increased sophistication of salad menus served in university cafeterias in the United States. Addition of ethnic dressings and ingredients; Combination of salad and protein dishes; Provision of individual unit variations in salad bars; Serving of several salad entrees every week.
- Salad days of summer. Nash, Jonell // Essence (Essence);Aug94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p81
Features salad cookery. Preparation tips; Ingredients; Recipes. INSETS: Dress for less.;Lush leaves..
- The best salad you'll ever eat. Miller Ffrench, Rebecca // Shape;Oct2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p124
A recipe for Fall Market Harvest Bowl salad is presented.
- QUICK TIP. Werle, Loukie // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Dec2006, p124
The article offers a tip on how to keep salad greens crisp.
- QUICK TRICK. // Better Homes & Gardens;May2010, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p175
The article offers tips on how to make a fresh vegetable salad.
- Healthy and hearty. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p94
Focuses on the salad offerings of college food service facilities in the United States. Important considerations in managing salad bars; Salad preferences of customers; How salads are presented.
- Does your salad need an upgrade? Jibrin, Janis // Self;Nov2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p105
Provides tips on improving salads' nutritional content. Green vegetables ideal for salads; Salad ingredients rich in antioxidants; Salad dressing ingredients high in nutritional content.