- To cover costs-of-growth: UCAL dining svc. launches `million dollar challenge'. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on San Diego-based University of California's plans to build a new dining facility as it opens its sixth college within the next few years. Need to offset costs for the new projects at the campus; Need to raise $1 million per-year in the budget.
- Silver Standard. King, Paul // FoodService Director;3/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
The author believes that there are corporations and institutions that place a much more higher regard and higher standard for food service than other organizations. An example of such institution is the University of Richmond which twice won the Silver Plate Awards, one in 1990 and another in...
- UCLA Hospitals Purchasing Antibiotic-free Meat. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on the partnership of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Health System and the University of California San Francisco Medical Center to offer antibiotic-free proteins on patient and retail menus.
- FOLLOWING FACILITY RENOVATION: SALES SOAR AT UC-SAN DIEGO. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Reports that University of California-San Diego's OceanView Terrace renovated the school cafeteria into a display location with individual food stations for different concepts as of February 2002. Details of the renovation done by Webb Design; Information on the self-serve food areas of the...
- NACUFS to host Mgmt. Institute. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/18/96, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p44
Reports that the National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) will host a Foodservice Management Institute for its members on June 15 to 21, 1997. Rich Products as sponsor.
- Turning Sustainability Initiatives into LEED. Zid, Linda Abu-Shalback; Westra, Abbie // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on the Major Planet Program of the Housing, Dining, Hospitality (HDH) department of the University of California, San Diego. The program is for the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification of the Green Building Council. Included in the program are...
- THE BIG IDEA. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p28
The article presents ideas for a successful food business operation in schools in the U.S. A mobile application was developed by Chandler Unified School District in Arizona wherein students can make their food decisions. It mentions the opening of the Roots vegetarian restaurant of the...
- meal plan. Akkam, Alia // Hospitality Design;Dec2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p35
The article evaluates the design of campus dining facilities at colleges including Troy University in Alabama designed by Greg O'Neal, the University of California designed by the Carrier Johnson + Culture firm, San Diego, and the University of Rochester in New York designed by Mancini Duffy.
- PEOPLE WATCH. K. D. // University Business;Sep2011, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p14
The article announces several appointments and retirements includes the retirement of Chancellor Mary Anne Fox of the University of California, San Diego and the promotion of Allen Clark as vice provost at the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas.