Old Space, New Design
- Indispensable menu item. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p52
Discusses the indispensability of beef in the U.S. school foodservice sector despite mad cow concerns. Favorite food products of children with beef; Appeal of tacos to schoolchildren; Persistence of beef-filled casseroles on menus.
- trendwatch. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article presents statistics the methods used by school foodservice operations to control costs which include menu substitutions, decreasing labor and cutting travel.
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...
- Twitter feed. // Governors (DfES Publications);Fall2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Somerset, England-based schools to post their updates on lunch menus at Twitter.
- More than lip service. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the advantages of the introduction of menu options for a weight control program to high school students in Jackson County in Gainesboro, Tennessee. Increase in lunch participation at the Jackson County high school; Background on the Keep it Simple, Slim weight control program...
- Bright ideas to improve your business. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p36
Presents six proven strategies school food service directors (FSDs) can use to maximize use of their resources, develop their employees and streamline their organizations. Includes building relationships between foodservice staff and students; Encouraging employees' professional involvement...
- Runs Downtown Restaurant, Too: Knoxville, TN, Schools Feed Community Groups. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the food service management at the Knox County School District in Tennessee. How the district operates; Evening meals provided by the district; How the district runs a downtown restaurant; Menus offered in the restaurant.
- What to Know: ACAP mtg. explores campus cash-ops. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
Offers pieces of advice on designing or remodeling a campus foodservice facility. Primary considerations; Steps involved in developing the operation; Significance of customer relations to the success of the business; How to ensure faster services.
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p32
This article offers insights from food service employees on improving the service provided. According to Dorie Fowls of Fort Wayne Community Schools, they offer snacks at a discounted price and encourage principals to use money from their discretionary fund to purchase the snacks and pass them...