Seeding The Future
- Bill passed prohibiting free inmate tuition. Zitzer, Susan // Corrections Today;Jul95, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p31
Reports on the bill passed by the New York State on May 15, 1995 that would require inmates to pay for their college education while serving prison terms.
- Correctional Revolution? King, Paul // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience talking with the food service director of Federal Correctional Institution (FCI)-Taybrook in Lake Placid, New York.
- Ohio Settles Halal Prison Food Lawsuit. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p4
The article reports on the move of the State of Ohio to settle a lawsuit with a Muslim inmate over the serving of halal meals in a prison.
- Walls: A Journey to Auburn. McClane, Kenneth A. // Community Review;1998, Vol. 16, p86
Relates the author's experience in visiting the Auburn Correctional Facility in the United States. Description of the correctional; Consideration of solitary confinement as only way to discipline the abject criminal; Attitude of the inmates toward the inmate higher education programs.
- Incarcerated spirit. Davis, Carolyn E. // Educational Leadership;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p74
Relates a teaching experience at the Arizona State Prison Complex in Tucson, Arizona. Information on the inmates; Overview of the classes conducted; Challenge in teaching inmates.
- Technology Dateline. // Journal of Correctional Education;Dec1998, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p136
Focuses on the application of technology in correctional education programs. Overview of the education system in the United States; Description of the Ohio's correctional education programs' implementation of technology solutions.
- Special Students in a Special Setting. Smith, Laura L. // Journal of Correctional Education;Dec1998, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p174
Discusses some of the challenges of providing special education services to incarcerated students. Difficulties in assessing juvenile delinquents; Obstacles in developing the Individual Education Program, a process during which participants who have information about a student develop the...
- Colo. Prison's 'Education Row' A Boon for Inmates. LUNGU, KAREN // Community College Week;5/17/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p20
The article reports that the Colorado Territorial Correctional Facility (CTCF) in Canon City, Colorado has been offering college courses to inmates in 2010.
- Community Corrections Campus Allows La. Inmates To Earn GED. SILLS, MARSHA // Community College Week;1/10/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p11
The article discusses the program offered to the inmates at the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center and the Community Corrections Campus of the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office where inmates are allowed to earn General Educational Development (GED).