PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA
- Darna. Greene, Gael // New York;8/28/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p116
The article features Darna, a restaurant owned by Gael Greene and Mourad El-Hebil, which is located in New York. The restaurant offers kosher Moroccan cuisine such as bastilla. It caters grilled squid, sardine tajine, crisp little briwates and chicken baked with green olives. It also serves for...
- Nymphs and sherbets come away. Moore, Victoria; Saunders, Frances Stonor // New Statesman;12/25/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4518, p82
Deals with the origin of sherbets in the Middle East. Two literatures on sherbets from the Middle East; Ingredients used in making sherbets; Description of the Persian sherbet; How sherbets are cooled in Turkey; Turkish way of preserving sherbets.
- Stoelting Foodservice Equipment. Tasch, Barbara // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Aug2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p130
The article profiles the Stoelting Foodservice Equipment company, which was singled out for excellence by the magazine in 2008. Stoelting Foodservice Equipment is a supplier of food dispenser machines to the recreation and leisure industries. A number of aspects of the company are discussed...
- The Real Scoop. Berry, Donna Gorski // Dairy Foods;Nov98, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p29
Provides information on retail ice cream sales ending August 22, 1998. Hard-pack ice cream in full-service restaurants; Percentage of volume of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla in foodservice; Fastest growing hard-pack flavors in foodservice sales. INSET: Feature flavors to look for in 1999.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/9/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p10
Presents corrections to the "Consumers scream for real ice cream shakes" article and the "Reel Food" quiz entries in the April 25, 2005 issue.
- Broadway CafÃ© adds a taste of summer year-round. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/2/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p3
The article presents information related to restaurants and coffee bars. A new ice cream stand has been opened in Syracuse, New York at 210 West Seneca, Turnpike, called the Broadway CafÃ©. The cafÃ© serves coffee and deli foods as well as the ice cream of Arctic Island. There are thirty...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Dairy Field;Oct2003, Vol. 186 Issue 10, p78
Presents dairy products. Coca-Cola Co.'s Swerve beverage; Anderson Erickson Dairy Co.'s Van & Bon Bon Family Style Ice Cream; Stonyfield Farm's Moo-la-la milk; Perry's Ice Cream Co.'s All Mine Half Pints.
- Intoxicating Ice Cream. // Prepared Foods;Nov99, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p29
Provides information on Blend's, an intoxicating ice cream developed at the University of Minnesota. Formulation and manufacturing process; Company that is marketing the product.
- Pucker Up. Nayar, Roopika; Kirby, Jane // Real Simple;Jun2003, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p143
This article presents some recipe on lemonade desserts for the summer season. The lemonade stand has long been a sight gag of summer, the misspelled sign, the earnest junior-businessman customer relations of a seven-year-old lemonade. But the official drink of summer need not taste like a joke....