- CHEF DENIS ELLIS, UNIV. OF NOTRE DAME: Exec. chef lends support, experience to campus f/s. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p114
Focuses on the job of chef Dennis Ellis at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. His job responsibilities; Career background of Ellis; How he trains the campus' foodservice department staff.
- SOAP BOX. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p20
Features several food service executives and their views on whether garnishing is a profitable sales booster. Pat Mouser of Midland Independent School District in Texas; Bruce Tulloch, general manager of Northrop Grumman; Pat Higgins, director of dining services at the University of...
- Look Who's Talking… John Besh. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/6/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p23
The article presents an interview with John Besh, executive chef of Restaurant August and Besh Steakhouse in New Orleans, Louisiana. After Hurricane Katrina, the restaurant was cooking for the firefighters and the National Guard. Besh sees the people in the restaurant community come together to...
- New Positions. // Chef Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
Reports on career developments of chefs and executives in the food service industry in the U.S. Employment of Stefano Bellato as executive chef at Cascina, a restaurant in New York; Appointment of Paul Carter as executive chef at the Phoenician in Scottsdale, Arizona; Promotion of Lance Gummere...
- Wilo Benet Owner of Pikayo, PayÃ¡, and Museum Restaurant Group Is More Than a Chef. Javier, Pedro Valle // Caribbean Business;7/28/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p40
Profiles multimedia chef Wilo Benet, the president and owner of Museum Restaurant Group in Puerto Rico. Career highlights; Key achievements; Restaurant group's components; Books written by Benet; Reasons for the success of the Pikayo and Paya restaurants.
- Challenges to planning and strategy in the 1990s. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/15/92, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p130
Presents a speech by Michael F. Oppenheimer, Executive Vice President of the Futures' Group, `Challenges to Planning and Strategy in the 1990s,' delivered at the National Defense University in Fort McNair, Washington, D.C. on September 9, 1992, dealing with the issues of globalization and...
- Sweet Profile. // Candy Industry;Sep2005, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p48
Features Ghyslain Maurais, president of Ghyslain Chocolatier. Career background; Factors which motivate Maurais' interest in culinary arts and foodservice; Signature product made for the company.
- Never a dull moment. Bignold, Dan // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/16/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4412, p124
The article features Shaun Rankin, the food and beverage director at Club Hotel & Spa's Bohemia restaurant. Rankin effectively switched from his role as head chef of the operation's one-Michelin-starred Bohemia restaurant which opened a year and a half before the hotel to becoming virtually food...
- Healthy Flavor. Ford, Henry // FoodService Director;11/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p45
The article presents a conversation with Frank Turner, executive chef and director of food and nutrition at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital in Detroit, Michigan. Having 70 soup recipes, Turner says that they serve six soups daily with double-baked bread. A chicken consommÃ© cooked with...