Surviving a Renovation
- HOSPITAL RENOVATES ENLARGES CAFETERIA. // Health Facilities Management;Sep2006, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the renovation made on the cafeteria of Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. The renovated cafeteria have red booths and pendant lights suspended over each one and has a feel of a classy diner. It has a number of stations, so that diners will...
- Facility Profile. Jess, Carol // Health Facilities Management;Feb99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p20
Features the Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital's cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria before its renovation; Description of the feature added for the convenience of those in wheelchairs; Budget for the renovation; Percentage increase in food sales after the renovation.
- Team Builder. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;5/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p44
The article features Regina Toomey Bueno, senior director of food and nutrition services at New York University (NYU) Langone Medical Center in New York City, New York. She initiated a program to change patient service from a traditional tray line to a pod system and implementation was started...
- TRYING TO WIN BACK HOSP. STAFFERS: FUN DESIGN JUMPS SALES. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the renovation of the cafeteria of St. Joseph Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario. Impact of the move on its sales and customer traffic; Changes made on its menu; Total cost of the project.
- Breakfast Sales Double: L.A. hospital completes $750,000 f/s overhaul. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p5
Deals with the renovation undergone by the employee cafeteria at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Estimated value of the renovation; Comments from cafeteria officials; List of the cafeteria's breakfast stations; Promotional programs of the cafeteria.
- Toomey Bueno to Head NYU Med FNS. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p19
The article announces the appointment of Regina Toomey Bueno as senior director of food and nutrition at the New York University Medical Center in New York City.
- Renovation Revelations. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the renovative moves of the healthcare foodservices in the United States. Area of focus in the renovation; Estimation of building costs; Post-renovative changes in operation and customer services; Effects of the renovation on transactions and revenues. INSET: Common Concepts in a...
- Cafeteria is reborn with a Disney touch, new menu-mix. // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the renovation of the cafeteria of Cocoa Beach High School, Florida by Dawn Houser. Details on how the renovation was done by Houser, an fsd at Brecard County School District, Florida; Comments made by Houser on the transformation; Information on the menu at the renovated cafeteria.
- Luby's latest look. Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;05/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the plans of restaurant chain Luby's Cafeterias Inc. to renovate its outlets in an effort to reach smaller markets. Prototype for the outlets; Physical description of the outlets; Addition of take-out counters.