Financial firm takes health to 'Market.'
- American Century Goes Global for Growth. Garmhausen, Steve // American Banker;12/8/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 218, p10
The author reports that wealth management firm American Century Investments is expanding internationally and marketing itself as a fresh alternative for institutional investors who need a change. American Century did not open its first overseas office until 2008 although the company was founded...
- American Century Investments Awarded CEO Cancer Gold StandardTM Accreditation. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/14/2011, p588
The article announces the chief executive officer (CEO) Cancer Gold Standard accreditation awarded by the American Century Investments. This is in recognition to the commitment of American Century to reduce the cancer risk of its employees and their families through healthy lifestyles and the...
- Painting the picture of health. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;2/25/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p43
The article focuses on chain restaurants' marketing strategies designed to give their brands an image of health. It cites a television advertisement for Subway's Black Forest Ham and Tender Roast Beef sandwiches. According to the article, restaurants prefer to use humor in marketing healthful...
- Buy and hold or else. Kahn, Virginia Munger // Financial World;01/21/97, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p72
Features the Twentienth Century Giftrust of the American company Twentienth Century Mutual Funds, founded and run by James E. Stowers Jr. Performance over a ten-year period; Distinction from the Uniform Gift to Minors Act; Portfolio management techniques employed for the fund. INSET: No choice..
- American Century Hires Portfolio Exec. // American Banker;7/21/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 139, p9
The article announces that Joseph Gotelli has been appointed as a portfolio manager in the fixed-income division of American Century Investment Services Inc.
- Advocacy tips from a traveling Indian food truck. Zablud, Matthew // Hill;10/21/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 122, p20
The article offers the advice by Indian food truck Fojol Bros. on marketing and its use of Twitter to promote the business.
- The heart of the matter: Study on trans fat makes blood curdle but accelerates change. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;2/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p27
The article presents a survey released by the Center for Science in the Public Interest which shows that top hospitals in the U.S. were serving their staff, visitors and some patients foods prepared with partially hydrogenated oil. Trans fat is known to attack heart in a two-pronged fashion....
- Chefs strive for the perfect combination of fat, flavor. Parseghian // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p81
Explains how restaurateurs and chefs can combine flavor and nutrition. Careful preparation of natural products; Nutritious foods from fast food restaurants; Popularity of wild foods in fine dining; Fresh herbs and vegetables at casual chain concepts.
- LET THEM EAT CRISPS. Dixon, Bernard // Sciences;Jan82, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p7
Presents developments related to nutrition among students in Great Britain. Influence of government policies on the nutritional well-being of the students; Decrease in the tally of children eating school meals; Inefficiency of food service in schools.