Healthy change for BCBS cafe
- Abstracts of Significant Cases Bearing on the Regulation of Insurance. Speck, Carolyn Johnson // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Fall2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p89
Presents abstracts of significant cases bearing on the regulation of insurance companies. Overview of the case filed by the American Insurance Association and a group of European insurance companies to California Holocaust Victim Insurance Relief Act; Information on the McCarran-Ferguson Act;...
- Star-crossed merger. Romano, Michael // Modern Healthcare;8/11/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p16
Focuses on a ruling issued by the Kansas Supreme Court in August 2003 that ends the plan by insurance company Anthem to acquire not-for-profit Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas. Reaction of Anthem to the ruling; Concerns of state regulators about the planned for-profit conversion; Reason for...
- Cosvi named best intermediary provider. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;10/12/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p36
The article cites the Medicare Provider Satisfaction Survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in 2006. Findings revealed that Cooperativa de Seguros de Vida company has the highest provider satisfaction among fiscal intermediaries, followed by Blue Cross and Blue...
- Hospital volunteers take charge of getting care to needy kids. Luggiero, Gary // AHA News;07/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p2
Focuses on Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Kansas' Caring for Children program in Franklin County, Kansas. Fund raising for the program; Erin Chappell's priorities as chairwoman of the program; Eligible children to the program.
- Amy Martens. Bryant, Blake; Chipman, Bobby; Hildenbrand, Grace; Moses, Aaron // TK...Topeka's Business Magazine;Winter2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p46
The article features Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Inc. quality and engineering services manager Amy Martens, who was recognized as one of the Greater Topeka's 20 Under 40 professionals in Topeka, Kansas in 2011.
- Long-Term Care Insurance. // Employee Benefit News;2009 Benefits Marketplace, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p111
A list of long-term care insurance providers is presented including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, Legacy Services Inc. and Weiner Insurance Inc.
- Query to Part B carriers yields variety of responses. // Behavioral Health Accreditation & Accountability Alert;Apr2001, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p3
Presents a summary of the responses from Medicare Part B carriers to the issue on billing procedures for incident to services in the United States. AdminiStar Federal; Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas; Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana.
- Kan. attorney general questions Blues deal. Moore Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;03/03/97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p49
Reports that Kansas Attorney General Carla Stovall has requested more information on the merger plans of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City, Missouri. Areas of the proposed merger that concern Stovall; Comments from Stovall.
- Why was Blues deal nixed? Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;04/21/97, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p24
Presents information on the scrapped merger plans between the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas and the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Missouri). Observers views on the decision to abandon the deal; Comments from Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon; Background on both companies. ...