- Latest Blue Dog in jeopardy: Stephanie Herseth Sandlin. Blake, Aaron // Hill;12/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 148, p32
The article reports on the shaky status of Representative Stephanie Herseth Sandlin of South Dakota in the 2010 reelection race, according to Public Policy Polling (PPP) survey.
- ChefsGiving events give needy a Thanksgiving meal. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p22
Reports on the participation of chefs involved with the Chef and Child Foundation in the feeding of Thanksgiving meals to needy children in Orlando, Florida, New Orleans, Louisiana, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois during the 2000 ChefsGiving event.
- PLAYER OF THE WEEK: REP. STEPHANIE HERSETH SANDLIN (D-S.D.). // Hill;11/3/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 129, p32
The author reflects on the position of Representative Stephanie Herseth Sandlin on various legislative bills and how it will create an impact to the political advocacies of U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- Smart Food. // NZ Marketing Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p9
Reports the Smart Choice program launched by The Heart Foundation. Reason for launching the program; How restaurants may join the program; Smart Choice logo for accepted restaurants; Participation of City Life Zest restaurant.
- Three new awards highlight 1999 Hall of Fame gala dinner. Spector // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p198
Reports on the highlights of the 1999 Hall of Fame Gala Dinner sponsored by the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation. Awards categories introduced during the event; Induction of industry member Ruben Villavicencio; Tribute to late Elizabeth Burns, a California Restaurant...
- Ariz. Restaurant Assn. helps promote `School-to-Career'... // Nation's Restaurant News;01/05/98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p81
Reports the teaming up of the Arizona Restaurant Association, American Express Foundation and 17 high schools across Arizona, to offer the `School-to-Career' program intended to attract and train the next generation foodservice professionals. Significance of the program; Funding of the program.
- CHARITABLE CHATTER. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/6/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p20
Reports developments related to charitable activities of foodservice industry in the U.S. as of December 6, 2004. Amount of money raised by Applebee's Rochester for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation during its eight annual Charity Tournament; Move of Biaggi's Restorante Italiano to raise funds for...
- Benefit buzz. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p23
Presents news items concerning fund-raising and charitable activities involving the United States food service sector as of January 17, 2000. Includes Taste Buds Inc.'s fund raising for Habitat for Humanity; Buffets Inc.'s donation to the Kompton; Amount raised by 20 franchised IHOP restaurants...
- London plans for a food centre. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;5/27/2005, Vol. 142 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the plan of food and farming charity organization Sustain to build a food centre in London, England. Efforts of the organization to encourage farmers to participate in their survey about produce supply capacity, support needs and local market interests; Opportunities provided by the...